RBC Customer Service Representative
Address: Quinpool Rd.
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Call Centre
Career Level: Student Job
Application Deadline: Monday, May 22nd, 2018
Req ID: 163358
What is the opportunity?
This position in the Digital Advice Centre calls on your client-focused advice expertise and natural problem-solving skills to maximize each client interaction by helping clients with their everyday banking needs by phone. As an RBC ambassador, you add value that matters most to clients and collaborate with RBC partners to help clients achieve their goals. Whether you’re enabling clients to leverage our digital tools, helping clients with their investment and financing needs, or introducing a client to a partner to fulfil their needs, your expertise will contribute to creating meaningful and memorable client experiences, enabling client satisfaction and loyalty.
This role will report to the Team Manager Credit and Invest By Phone (Halifax). Co-Op time period may be 4 or 8 months.
What do you need to succeed?
- Outstanding communication skills, ability to speak concisely and effectively on the phone
- Be a team player with a sales/service orientation and is flexible to work shifts between hours of operation i.e., 9am and 11pm, 7 days a week, including weekends and holidays
- Flexibility, eagerness to learn, strong personal ethics, and a drive to succeed and contribute to team results by supporting all colleagues to be successful in meeting client needs
- Desire to build exceptional client experiences across multiple channels (phone, chat etc.). Ability in building rapport and maintaining client relationships within the financial or service industry
- Digital literacy across a broad range of devices (i.e., smartphones, tablets, laptops, etc.). Ability to navigate between multiple Windows-based application systems
- Problem-solving and people skills, with the ability to build strong relationships and proactively connect with clients
- Current or previous Contact Centre or office environment experience will be an asset.
- Previous experience working in a fast paced service industry will be an asset
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Bilingual, fluent in English and French
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including competitive compensation, bonuses, and flexible benefits
- Opportunity to achieve great success and grow your career with RBC and across business
- Continued opportunities for career advancement
- World-class training, coaching, and development opportunities
- Support from a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high performing team, as well as world-class tools and training
What will you do?
- Be part of a unique opportunity to engage with clients, by responding to clients’ everyday banking needs discovering additional advice and solution opportunities, as well as proactively resolving client concerns at first point of contact
- Focus on client education and digital adoption, leveraging various technology platforms to deliver an exceptional client experience
- Respond to client-initiated contact through a variety of channels (phone, chat, video) assisting them with a full range of financial needs
- Actively listen and engage clients in conversation to further understand their individual needs
- Proactively take ownership of resolving client needs and effective problem resolution
- Cultivate and maintain relationships within the centre and partners to make the most of business opportunities and referrals
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
If you are interested in applying for this position please contact CBU Student Placement Officer, Jennifer Currie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is Monday, May 28th, 2018.