Canada Revenue Agency
Collections and Verification Branch
Notice of Job Opportunity : Co-op Student
Starting: September 2018
Full time: 37.5 hours per week
Salary Range: $16.49 – $21.64 per hour (dependent upon education and experience)
Location: Nova Scotia Tax Services Office – 145 Hobsons Lake Drive, Halifax, B3S 0J1
Prerequisites: Pursuing a degree in accounting, finance, business administration or commerce
The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) is one of the largest employers in the federal government, employing approximately 44,000 people in all. The Canada Revenue Agency is in contact with more Canadians than any other government organization. You will work in an environment where people are committed to the values and principles of integrity, professionalism, respect and collaboration. If you aspire to take on challenges and want to be on the cutting edge of business practices, the CRA is the place for you!
You will be part of the Canada Revenue Agency’s (CRA) core business of tax administration revenue collection and benefits administration. You will work in an environment where people are committed to the values and principles of integrity, professionalism, respect, and co-operation.
If you have the ambition to face challenges and enjoy being on the cutting-edge of business practices, the CRA is the ideal place for you!
- Canadian Citizen or ability to work in Canada
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work independently
- Client Service skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
Job Description and Duties:
Within the Collections and Verification Branch, you will be responsible for duties that include:
- Administration of the Income Tax Act on behalf of the Canada Revenue Agency
- Provision of information to individuals, businesses, or their representatives on tax matters and related programs
- Requesting of information and information returns
- This may include contacting clients by phone
If you are interested in this position please send a copy of your cover letter and resume to Student Placement Officer, Jennifer Currie: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: Friday, May 11, 2018 at 11:59 pm.
You may be assessed using one or more of the following tools:
- Reference check(s)
- Written examination(s)
Conditions of Employment
- Security Clearance: Reliability Status.
This process may be used to staff similar positions within the Collections and Verification Branch.
- Please indicate in your cover letter how you meet the above requirements
- Also, please indicate if you have previous work experience within the Federal Government