As one of North America’s leading electricity producers, Ontario Power Generation offers challenging opportunities and career diversity in a work environment where safety is a fundamental value – and where you can realize your personal and professional goals.
|JOB TITLE:||Trading Analyst Co-op or Developmental Student – Summer 2017|
|LOCATION:||Toronto (Head Office), Ontario|
|STATUS:||Co-op or Developmental Student – Summer 2017|
|EDUCATION LEVEL:||Minimum completion of third year|
|DEADLINE TO APPLY:||February 10, 2017|
We are excited to offer a student placement in our Renewable Generation and Power Marketing – Trading Department, which is located in Toronto, Ontario.
NOTE: All students applying for student positions at OPG must be returning to full-time studies upon completion of their work term. Exceptions will be made for students who require a work term in order to graduate. You will be required to show an OPG hiring manager your transcript, should you be invited to an interview.
You may have the opportunity to assist in the support, development and implementation of our Work Program.
As the successful candidate, you may have the opportunity to assist in a variety of work assignments which may include:
- Carry out spot market analysis and run production models
- Assist in model development
- Prepare various market and price reports
- Carry out analyses of trading activities
- Develop and enhance trading tools
- Work directly with trading staff on various financial projects
- Other duties as required
This job will provide you with the following professional development:
- Experience identifying profitable risk adjusted trading opportunities in the commodity space
- The opportunity to learn about North America’s bulk electrical system
- Opportunities to interact with a team of profit-driven trading professional on a daily basis
- The opportunity to learn and apply risk metrics to financial work
- Exposure to other departments in OPG’s Commercial Operations to learn more about energy and electricity markets
We are searching for an enthusiastic Engineering, Finance, Business, Mathematics, Computer Science or Economics student who has completed a minimum of 3 year(s) and will be returning to university or college (full time) upon completion of this work term or requires one final work term to graduate.
Preference may be given to the candidate who has the following skills and qualification:
- Analytical programming capability using VBA in Microsoft Excel
- Analytical programming capability using SQL for querying databases using Microsoft Access
- Outstanding mathematical and analytical capability
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of power system operation, electricity markets and economics would be an asset
We hire dozens of students each term, and we work hard to keep them challenged and provide learning opportunities. In fact, many of our students return for a second term because the OPG experience is so valuable. So tell us what areas you’re interested in and we’ll tell you what you can accomplish in the months you’re with us, while you enjoy networking with your peers in a flex-time and business-casual work environment!
If you are ready to be challenged, please apply on-line only at www.mypowercareer.com, no later than midnight, February 10, 2017.
If your school requires a separate application through their own process, you are still required to apply at our staffing website http://www.mypowercareer.com. OPG will only consider applications submitted to our website but you must be a registered Co-op student with CBU to apply. If you are interested in Co-op contact email@example.com
OPG sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In the event you are invited for an interview, please note you will be required to provide transcripts. If you receive an interview, please notify the hiring manager of any accommodations you may require for the selection process.
You must be eligible to work in Canada.
OPG supports the principles and practices of diversity.