The Cape Breton Regional Municipality is hiring a Public Relations & Communications Assistant to work out of City Hall, 320 Esplande in Sydney.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Strong digital skills i.e. photography, social media platforms, Adobe design tools.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and outgoing individual.
- Media relations – write press releases, coordinate media requests
- Public relations – public engagement for events, events planning
- Website and Social media – writing, graphic design and photography for external website and social media accounts
- Special events: provide support for events, including materials development and on site coordination
- Research – general information requests
- Marketing – assist with marketing initiatives and campaigns
During the work term, may do duties at City Hall and Cape Breton Regional Police Services Headquarters.
Dates: Starting as early as April 23 or 30, 2018. Ending August 24 or 31, 2018 – The term can include 1-2 weeks off within overall timeframe. 16 weeks of work.
Students Must be a co-op student.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org