Member Services Representative (Summer Student)
Are you interested in working for an organization that is focused on enhancing the economic and social well-being of our members and our community? Does working at a local financial institution that is actively involved in the Sydney area sound appealing? If so, we have the position for you!
At Sydney Credit Union we are committed to putting our members at the forefront of all we do. One of the ways in which we do this is by providing high quality financial solutions to our approximately 14,000 members.
The successful candidate will likely be currently enrolled in a business/commerce post-secondary education program. Relevant training and/or experience is considered an asset.
The necessary skills to be successful in this position include:
- Effective listening and responding
- Successful relationship building
- A positive attitude towards teamwork and cooperation
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Proven data entry skills
- A proven ability to perform basic mathematical calculations with or without a calculator
- Initiative, enthusiasm and a willingness to learn are essential attributes.
We are currently accepting applications for the summer student position of Member Services Representative. With the guidance and support of the Branch Manager, Member Services Representatives are tasked with the vital role of providing great member service as they are often the first person that members interact with. More specifically, this role is responsible for:
- Providing an exceptional member experience by proactively engaging with members to understand and meet their immediate day-to-day banking needs by identifying the products and services that will benefit them
- Completing financial transactions such as deposits, withdrawals, bill payments and/or other account transactions in an accurate and efficient manner, and transforming the member experience by educating them on our mobile tools and resources
- Proactively resolving problems or discrepancies concerning member accounts
- General office administration and updating member records
- Assisting and backing-up other team members and completing other duties as assigned
This is a 4 month May-September position that will work 35 hours/week.
Remuneration will be at $13.42/hour.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to Student Placement Officer, Jennifer Currie: firstname.lastname@example.org