JOB TITLE: Mechanical or Electrical Engineering – Planning and Scheduling – Co-op or Developmental Student – Summer 2017
LOCATION: Niagara Falls, Ontario
STATUS: Co-op or Developmental Student – Summer 2017 (May to August)
EDUCATION LEVEL: Minimum completion of second year
TRAVEL: Not required
GENERATE a future of possibilities
As one of North America’s leading electricity producers, Ontario Power Generation offers challenging opportunities and career diversity in a work environment where safety is a fundamental value – and where you can realize your personal and professional goals.
We are excited to offer a student placement in our Production Department, which is located in Niagara Falls, Ontario. We hire dozens of students each term, and we work hard to keep them challenged and provide learning opportunities. In fact, many of our students return for a second term because the OPG experience is so valuable. So tell us what areas you’re interested in and we’ll tell you what you can accomplish in the months you’re with us, while you enjoy networking with your peers in a flex-time and business-casual work environment!
This job will provide you with the following professional development:
- The opportunity for development in the implementation of policies, procedures and standards as they pertain to work management in a corporate environment
- The opportunity for development, experience and knowledge in a work management program for complex hydroelectric generation facilities
- Development and experience interfacing with engineering, trades and support staff
- You must be eligible to work in Canada.
- We are searching for an enthusiastic Mechanical or Electrical Engineering student who has completed a minimum of 2 year(s) and will be returning to university or college (full time) upon completion of this work term or requires one final work term to graduate.
Preference may be given to the candidate who has the following skills and qualification:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Database knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of technical maintenance
As the successful candidate, you may have the opportunity to assist in a variety of work assignments which may include:
- Assist the Planning and Scheduling supervisor in establishing a strategic direction in the development, implementation and monitoring of performance programs, policies, services and procedures to support the execution of the Work Management program
- Provide technical assistance and guidance in the development of business and work program initiatives, plans and processes for Niagara Operations
- Communicate and assist in the implementation of Niagara Operations initiatives
- Monitor the implementation and performance of Niagara Operations programs, processes and services
- Provide feedback and recommend improvements to the Planning and Scheduling supervisor
- Perform process gap/needs analysis for the Planning and Scheduling supervisor
- Monitor work management processes at Niagara Operations and report feedback to the Planning and Scheduling supervisor
- Participate in the integration of multiple work management systems
- Advise the Planning and Scheduling supervisor of pertinent developments that may affect or assist departmental services
- Perform other duties as required
NOTE: All students applying for student positions at OPG must be returning to full-time studies upon completion of their work term. Exceptions will be made for students who require a work term in order to graduate. You will be required to show an OPG hiring manager your transcript, should you be invited to an interview.
If you are ready to be challenged, please apply on-line only at www.mypowercareer.com , no later than midnight, February 3, 2017.
If your school requires a separate application through their own process, you are still required to apply at our staffing website http://www.mypowercareer.com . OPG will only consider applications submitted to our website.
If you are interested in becoming a CBU Co-op student, please contact your Student Placement Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
OPG sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In the event you are invited for an interview, please note you will be required to provide transcripts. If you receive an interview, please notify the hiring manager of any accommodations you may require for the selection process.
OPG supports the principles and practices of diversity Accommodation:
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Power Generation’s Accessibility Standard, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.