JOB TITLE: Instrumentation and Control Technologist Co-op or Developmental Student – Summer 2017
LOCATION: Courtice, Ontario
STATUS: Co-op or Developmental Student – Summer 2017 (May to August)
EDUCATION LEVEL: Minimum completion of second year
TRAVEL: Not Required
GENERATE a future of possibilities
As one of North America’s leading electricity producers, Ontario Power Generation offers challenging opportunities and career diversity in a work environment where safety is a fundamental value – and where you can realize your personal and professional goals.
We are excited to offer a student placement in our TRF Maintenance Department, which is located in Courtice, Ontario. We hire dozens of students each term, and we work hard to keep them challenged and provide learning opportunities. In fact, many of our students return for a second term because the OPG experience is so valuable. So tell us what areas you’re interested in and we’ll tell you what you can accomplish in the months you’re with us, while you enjoy networking with your peers in a flex-time and business-casual work environment!
This job will provide you with the following professional development:
- The opportunity to work in a safety-first facility following OHSA regulations under the guidance of a highly-trained Maintenance team
- The opportunity to work to standards that exceed those in other industries
- The opportunity to learn from some of the best instrument technicians and technologists in the field with years of hands-on experience
- You must be eligible to work in Canada.
- We are searching for an enthusiastic Instrumentation and Control Engineering Technologist student who has completed a minimum of 2 year(s) and will be returning to university or college (full time) upon completion of this work term or requires one final work term to graduate.
Preference may be given to the candidate who has the following skills and qualification:
- Experience tuning PID control systems
- Experience with valve and actuator overhaul and setup
- Experience with distributed control system logic
- PLC design and troubleshooting experience
- Experience with the troubleshooting of complex instrument and electrical systems
- Knowledge of gas chromatography, spectrometry, chemical and PH analysis
- Knowledge of electrical protection circuits and relays
As the successful candidate, you may have the opportunity to assist in a variety of work assignments which may include:
- The commissioning of new structures and equipment in support of Darlington refurbishment
- Assisting with the safe error-free maintenance of hydrogen, deuterium and tritium extraction, storage and purification equipment
NOTE: All students applying for student positions at OPG must be returning to full-time studies upon completion of their work term. Exceptions will be made for students who require a work term in order to graduate. You will be required to show an OPG hiring manager your transcript, should you be invited to an interview.
If you are ready to be challenged, please apply on-line only at www.mypowercareer.com , no later than midnight, February 3, 2017.
If your school requires a separate application through their own process, you are still required to apply at our staffing website http://www.mypowercareer.com . OPG will only consider applications submitted to our website.
If you are interested in becoming a CBU Co-op student, please contact your Student Placement Officer: email@example.com
OPG sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In the event you are invited for an interview, please note you will be required to provide transcripts. If you receive an interview, please notify the hiring manager of any accommodations you may require for the selection process.
OPG supports the principles and practices of diversity Accommodation:
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Power Generation’s Accessibility Standard, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.