This is 16 week summer 2017 Engineering Intern position at the Oland Brewery in Halifax. Pay is $850/week and we are looking for 2nd or 3rd year engineering students.
Working with all parties throughout the company to scope and implement projects of varying magnitudes in all areas of the St. John’s Brewery. We are looking for a well rounded individual capable of project management, focusing on plant improvement opportunities.
- Working towards an Engineering degree
- Self-starter, ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills, ability to collaborate with trades and operators
- Analytical thinker and strong problem solver
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Some experience working with Contractors, Project management, scoping, trending, contractor management, or working in construction are all assets for this position
Projects can include (but are not limited to):
- Brewery process improvement (brewing, packaging, logistics, etc.)
- Utility reduction and safety driven projects
- Facility infrastructure upgrades
- Required to scope out contracts, hire contractors, coordinate the installation (construction) with all affected personnel on site, and manage the contractors through to completion of the project
- Responsible for managing the budget of each project as it progresses and perform the related Purchasing System (SAP) processing. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to work with process flow drawings and specify equipment which will be used in the plant for future brewing or packaging operations
- Assignments are designed to develop engineering knowledge and abilities, as well as to build communication skills through day-to-day interactions and project coordination
Please provide – a resumé and covering letter highlighting experience or education pertinent to the assessment criteria – by February 26, 2017 at 4:00pm by email to CBU Student Placement Officer: email@example.com