JOB TITLE: Drafting Co-op or Developmental Student – Summer 2017
LOCATION: Thunder Bay (Burwood), Ontario
STATUS: Co-op or Developmental Student – Summer 2017
EDUCATION LEVEL: Minimum completion of second year
TRAVEL: Yes – 10%
GENERATE a future of possibilities
As one of North America’s leading electricity producers, Ontario Power Generation offers challenging opportunities and career diversity in a work environment where safety is a fundamental value – and where you can realize your personal and professional goals.
We are excited to offer a student placement in our Northwest Operations – Production Support Department, which is located in Thunder Bay, Ontario. We hire dozens of students each term, and we work hard to keep them challenged and provide learning opportunities. In fact, many of our students return for a second term because the OPG experience is so valuable. So tell us what areas you’re interested in and we’ll tell you what you can accomplish in the months you’re with us, while you enjoy networking with your peers in a flex-time and business-casual work environment!
This job will provide you with the following professional development:
- Drafting experience and skills
- Experience with AutoCad
- Experience with drawing management administration
- You must be eligible to work in Canada.
- We are searching for an enthusiastic Engineering student who has completed a minimum of 2 year(s) and will be returning to university or college (full time) upon completion of this work term or requires one final work term to graduate.
- This placement may involve some travel. A valid “G2” driver’s license is required. Ready access to a vehicle would be an asset.
Preference may be given to the candidate who has the following skills and qualification:
- Proficient in AutoCad
- Proficient in standard Microsoft Office software (Access, Word, etc.)
- Highly proficient in the use of Excel spreadsheets
- Previous related work experience in a drafting role is an asset
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both individually as well as in a team setting
- Strong attention to detail
As the successful candidate, you may have the opportunity to assist in a variety of work assignments which may include:
- Revise and create schematics, equipment drawings and arrangement drawings using AutoCAD
- Assist with drawing management administration
NOTE: All students applying for student positions at OPG must be returning to full-time studies upon completion of their work term. Exceptions will be made for students who require a work term in order to graduate. You will be required to show an OPG hiring manager your transcript, should you be invited to an interview.
If you are ready to be challenged, please apply on-line only at www.mypowercareer.com , no later than midnight, February 3, 2017.
If your school requires a separate application through their own process, you are still required to apply at our staffing website http://www.mypowercareer.com . OPG will only consider applications submitted to our website.
If you are interested in becoming a CBU Co-op student, please contact your Student Placement Officer: email@example.com
OPG sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In the event you are invited for an interview, please note you will be required to provide transcripts. If you receive an interview, please notify the hiring manager of any accommodations you may require for the selection process.
OPG supports the principles and practices of diversity Accommodation:
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Power Generation’s Accessibility Standard, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.