Digital Marketing Assistant (Summer Student)
Do you want to be part of celebrating and giving back to your community? Does working at a local financial institution that is actively involved in the Sydney area sound appealing? If so, we have the position for you!
At Sydney Credit Union we are committed to putting our members at the forefront of all we do. One of the ways in which we do this is by providing high quality financial solutions to our approximately 14,000 members.
The successful candidate will currently be enrolled in a marketing/digital marketing post-secondary education program plus have up to one year’s related experience and/or training. The incumbent will also have:
- A proven passion for digital marketing, promotions, social media and online branding
- An outgoing, social personality who enjoys speaking to members of the public
- Strong organizational skills, including attention to detail and time management skills
- Experience shooting on DSLR cameras and experience with editing software (knowledgeable of Final Cut Pro X) will be considered an asset
- A creative thinker with exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaborate within a team
- Passionate about helping members
- Flexible with scheduling, available to work weekends and evenings when needed, working both indoor and outdoor events, no matter the weather
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License, and required to provide a Nova Scotia driving abstract upon request
Reporting to the Marketing and Member Relations Manager, the Digital Marketing Assistant will be responsible for:
- Assisting with the development, creation, and roll-out of Sydney Credit Union digital marketing, online promotions, social media, and brand campaigns
- Managing timelines and scheduling for digital and social marketing projects
- Understanding of digital trends, best practices, laws, and engagement opportunities to grow the Sydney Credit Union’s online presence
- Production (development/shooting/editing) of videos/vignettes to promote Sydney Credit Union products and services, member profiles/testimonials, community events
- Representing Sydney Credit Union at events, with a focus on providing exceptional interactions with members and potential members, while promoting Sydney Credit Union products and services
Remuneration will be at $13.42/hour.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to Student Placement Officer, Jennifer Currie: email@example.com