Cape Breton Centre for Craft & Design has an opportunity to develop and promote its tourism products and experiences to the tourism market. Cape Breton Centre for Craft & Design is seeking a Marketing and Promotion Assistant to interact with visitors and to promote the Centre’s retail venue(s) and experiences and to encourage visitors to buy craft products and participate in hands-on experiences. This will have an economic impact throughout the craft sector of Cape Breton Island.
This position would assist the Centre in significantly increasing awareness of educational craft tourism product to off island visitors. The Marketing and Promotion Assistant will work in a hands-on environment and be responsible for researching best practice in craft tourism products.
The Marketing and Promotion Assistant will work principally with the Marketing Manager to assist in the implementation of a comprehensive marketing plan for Cape Breton Centre for Craft & Design.
This position will directly impact the creative economy by driving visitation to the Centre and artisan studio locations and sales of products and experiences.
In general, the Marketing and Promotion Assistant must have good communication and organizational skills, research skills, the ability to work independently, ability to problem solve and be familiar with new technologies specifically related to marketing.
Applicants should be enrolled in post-secondary education majoring in marketing, tourism, arts or business administration.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the responsibilities and duties include assisting in the following activities:
- Assisting in the implementation of the marketing plan for Cape Breton Centre for Craft & Design including targeted tourism campaigns;
- Working with Marketing Manager to develop materials and plan to better target visitors to encourage visitation to Centre and artisan retail venues and increase revenue from this market;
- Maintaining and expanding social networking profiles and website (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, capebretoncraft.com);
- Assisting in sales in Centre retail venue(s);
- Working with partners, including Sydney Waterfront District, to create and implement events in the downtown;
- Supporting Centre staff in development of events and activities;
- Engaging the community and visitors to the island in the Centre’s retail venue(s);
- Enhancing visitors’ experience and understanding of the craft sector of Cape Breton Island;
- Other duties as assigned.
Duration: May 23 2017 to August 25th 2017
Salary: $15 per hour/ 35 hrs. per week
Application Deadline: March 24, 2017
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is pending funding approval.