Protocase is seeking a motivated student in a computer science or IT cooperative program for a four month co-op term. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious student to gain valuable experience working with our team of engineers, software developers, and innovators in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Protocase manufactures custom electronic enclosures and sheet metal components for scientists, engineers and innovators all over the world. To meet the needs of this group, Protocase created an ‘ultra-lean’ manufacturing management system that allows us to build custom sheet metal jobs in 2-3 days, with no minimum orders. Our customers now total more than 10,000 worldwide, and include Boeing, NASA, IBM, Lockheed Martin, and SpaceX, among others.
45 Drives makes Storinators, ultra-large servers that can store massive amounts of data, with read/write speeds in excess of 3GB/s. Customers around the world use Storinators for a variety of applications, including video production, streaming and visual effects, R&D, Engineering & Life Sciences, Government, and Surveillance & Law Enforcement.
The student will work with our IT team to maintain our extensive network of assets, perform upgrades, and support other Protocase and 45 Drives staff.
• Ability to work independently and in a team setting
• Occasionally available to work outside normal working hours (evenings, weekends)
• Offer suggestions for possible upgrades, changes and assist with procedures within the IT department
• Daily operations of the IT department (software installation, computer maintenance, employee assistance)
• Setting up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (printers, switches)
• Checking computer hardware for functionality
• Installing and configuring software
• Maintaining our network infrastructure
• Provide assistance to employees when problems arise
Wage: $15/hour, 40 hours/week
Term: 16 weeks
Start date: September (flexible)
• Applicants must be returning students enrolled in a co-op program.
• Applicants must be willing to submit to aptitude testing and personality screening
Please apply with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 4 2018 at 4pm