Job Positions: Accounting Clerk (Term Position)
Well recognized and established Fish Harvester’s Co-operative is currently looking for a skilled Accounting Clerk to perform a variety of accounting and bookkeeping.
Salary is going to be negotiated
Accounting Clerk responsibilities include keeping financial records updated, preparing reports and reconciling bank statements. You will also run ADAGIO accounting software program to process business transactions, like accounts payable and receivable, order entry and inventory.
Ultimately, a successful accounting clerk will ensure that the company’s daily accounting functions run accurately and effectively.
- Bachelor’s degree (Business, Finance or related field preferred)
- Proven accounting experience, preferably as an accounts receivable clerk or Accounts payable clerk
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
- Competency in MS office, databases and accounting software
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers
- Ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks
- Data entry and word processing skills
- Well organized
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department
- Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
- Daily enter key data of financial transactions in database
- Provide assistance and support to company personnel
- Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws
- Constantly update job knowledge