Cabot Shores Wilderness Resort and Retreat Centre is looking for Guest Services/Front Desk staff. We are an eco-friendly resort located on the Atlantic coast of Cape Breton Island. Visit our website at http://www.cabotshores.com or http://www.facebook.com/cabotshores to learn more about us.
The GUEST SERVICES/FRONT DESK area is a hub for our guests, staff and visitors and requires detail-oriented and diligent staff to run it. This central part of Cabot Shores is involved with all guest relations, hospitality, and communication around amenities such as local hikes, Cape Breton Cultural events, reservations in our bistro, tours, etc. It is a busy, fast-paced environment and tasks and responsibilities may vary from day to day.
Knowledge (Either needs to know or be able to learn easily):
- Experience with computers and basic microsoft software.
- Knowledge of WordPress, social media and graphic design experience is desired.
- This role is both social and administrative.
- Knowledge of local Cape Breton Island cultural events and outdoor activities.
- Knowledge of French language is helpful.
Students must clearly demonstrate in their resume and cover letter, interview and reference checks how they meet the following essential qualifications:
- Enrolled in Co-op option of post-secondary education from a recognized education institution in the areas of Tourism, Business, Marketing, Commerce, Arts, Environmental studies and other areas.
- Must be a full time University student this past year and next year (2015/16 and 2016/17).
- Have or develop excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Administrative – manages all incoming inquiries through telephone, website and travel sites.
- Guest relations – including registration, orientation and payment, tourism information and general guiding; booking tours and providing information on on-site and local activities.
- Act as Liaison – Interfaces with various resort departments (Kitchen, dining room, housekeeping, grounds/maintenance).
- Ability to work under pressure, to multi-task, to prioritize tasks, to take initiative.
- Pay attention to detail and fully completing tasks, be willing to learn and be coachable.
- Have personal integrity.
Work Term: Summer 2017, 13 weeks. 40 hours per week
Rate of Pay: $11-15 depending on level of experience and funding.
Staff Housing and access to kitchen are available onsite.
- This is a Summer Co-op Position. To learn more about enrolling with the Co-op Option at CBU, please contact one of your Student Placement Officers: Carly Turnbull.
- To apply: please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.