Job Title: Site Project Coordinator
Department: Retirement Living Division
Organization: BBL.CON Design Build Solutions Ltd.: a Halifax-based construction materials company owned by Shannex.
Job Location: On Site Construction
Located in Halifax, NS, and reporting to the Project Manager, the Site Project Coordinator will assist the Site Supervisor with managing on site daily activities, resources, equipment and information for the project and will keep the project and all related processes operating smoothly and on schedule from concept to client handover.
- University student currently enrolled in a construction related field.
- Open to CBU students from the Bachelor of Engineering Technology degree program – concentration in Electronics & Controls or Petroleum
- Must be eligible to enrol in the CBU Co-op Option and be returning to full-time studies.
- Excellent organizational skills, time management and people management skills.
- Able to receive and implement direction from Project Manager and Site Supervisor with follow through to completion;
- Results oriented.
- Works closely with the Project Manager, Site Supervisor, construction teams and trades people to maintain schedules, coordinate work projects, inspects work in progress and upon completion for compliance with various and applicable standards.
- Responsible for material management and tracking;
- Responsible for receiving delivery’s;
- Logs all on site project personnel, activities and resources;
- Completes site safety inspections and logs;
- Responsible for submitting materials orders on time to ensure work flow is not impeded;
- Updates all parties involved regularly on work progress;
- Ensures all personnel and sub-contractors are trained and following proper health and safety policies and procedures in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act;
- Will be responsible to keep trades current with updated drawings and site instructions as issued by the Site Super or PM;
- Required to receive, unpack and assemble furniture;
- Responsible for all FFE set-up and delivery coordination;
- Will participate in the creation of deficiency list and will be responsible to log and manage the completion of all deficiencies.
- Frequent travel
This is a Co-op Position. To learn more about the CBU Co-op Option and how this fits into your degree, please contact CBU Student Placement Officer, Carly Turnbull, by email: email@example.com
Please note: Only students enrolled in the 3 year Bachelor of Engineering Technology degree, with a focus in either Electronics&Controls or Petroleum, are able to incorporate a Co-op work term into their degree.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume by the application deadline Sunday March 25 at 11 pm to firstname.lastname@example.org