OTS is a premiere provider of commissioning and start-up services for the energy, mining and utilities sectors operating on some of the largest projects across Canada. Working with OTS means working alongside a team of best in class professionals with a passion for safety and success. We are actively seeking motivated individuals looking to take their skills to the next level. Our success is your success when we work together towards a safe and rewarding future.
We are currently seeking applications for the following position: Commissioning Associate Co-op
Reporting to the Commissioning Specialist Lead; the Commissioning Associate is responsible for: The Commissioning Associate (CA) will be located at OTS’ corporate office in Sydney and report to the Commissioning Specialist Lead and is part of the Project Controls Team. The CA fills an important role in the OTS Commissioning and Start Up (C&SU) process. As a member of the Corporate Support Team, the CA operates primarily within the definition stage of the project cycle.
- CBU BET student from Electronics & Controls, in upper year of study. Must be eligible for and enroll in Co-op Work Term Option.
- Skills or experience in one or more of the following considered an asset:
- Relational Databases
- Industrial Electrical Systems
- Industrial Automation
- Microsoft Excel (Advanced)
Skills or experience in one or more of the following considered an asset:
Industrial Electrical Systems
Microsoft Excel (Advanced)
Area of Focus:
- Uploading of Drawings into OTS Software;
- Generation of Systems List;
- Scope P&IDs based upon Systems List as approved by client;
- QA/QC of drawings by individual group & presentation to supervisor for addition QA/QC prior to client submission;
- Boundary Documents (scoped PIDs, etc.);
- Tags List development;
- CMS definition activities and support in the CMS development;
- System interdependency diagrams (workshop output);
- Assist and support deliverables for the request for quotation and request for proposal processes;
- Provide remote support to projects for scoping, CMS management, schedule support, etc.;
- Monitor and maintain CMS data including asset types, task models, etc.
- Process required document requests originated within the commissioning support team and all project related requests;
- Monitor CA procedure and process for efficiency and modify when necessary.
Safety conscious employees are our best asset and we want you to join our team alongside our leading professionals today!
The Co-op Option in the Bachelor of Engineering Technology at CBU is available to Electronics & Controls students in the 3yr degree program.
To learn more about this option in your degree and how to join Co-op, please contact email@example.com
Please submit a resume and cover letter to CBU Student Placement Officer Carly Turnbull by email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject line as “Commissioning Associate CBU – Co-op Application”.
Applications should be submitted no later than 4 pm April 17, 2018.