The Canadian Coast Guard College is looking for students interested in exploring the possibilities of a dynamic career in business management services within the federal public service. Interns in Integrated Business Management Services (IBMS) will work in a challenging environment and be paired with an experienced mentor who will provide you with daily support and guidance while you acquire real work experience and develop competencies and abilities. We will provide you with insight into what a career in the Federal Public Service has to offer, help you hone your practical skills and develop other key employability skills in communication, thinking, personal management and teamwork.
- Registered and enrolled as a full-time post-secondary student in an area of Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Human Resources, Marketing, Economics, or another relevant field
- Registered in a government-approved Co-operative Education Internship Program
- Returning to full-time studies in the next academic term
- Ability to analyze information and propose options and recommendations
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing
- Client-service oriented
Stream 1: Business Resource Management Intern
As a Finance & Administration Intern at the Canadian Coast Guard College, you will learn valuable skills while delivery finance and administrative support to College management and staff. Working in the Integrated Business Management Services (IBMS) team, under the supervision of the Finance & Administration Officer, you will be exposed to financial planning and analysis, forecasting, financial reporting, accounting operations, financial systems, finance policy and legislation, costing and the provision of internal controls.
If you are interested in this Job Opportunity please contact, Student Placement Officer, Jennifer Currie: email@example.com
- Monday, April 23, 2018 to Friday, August 30, 2018
- Canadian Coast Guard College, Westmount, Nova Scotia
Conditions of Employment
- Reliability Status Security Clearance
- English Essential
- $13.47 – $25.94 per hour (assessed based on level of education and skill)