WORK TERM: 4 month Summer Co-op work term (May – August 2018)
For this role reward proactive, resourceful and committed portfolio management of customized financial solutions for clients. You are responsible for the delivery of an exceptional client experience; credit underwriting and compliance; and client activities. You have a passion for understanding clients’ businesses and proactively identify needs through sales activities such as face-to-face calls.
- Strong credit judgment and a good knowledge of financial analysis and risk assessment techniques for structuring credits
- Proven ability to establish and maintain a referral network to generate closed referrals
- Strong negotiation skills
- Superior communication skills
- Proven relationship building and teamwork skills
- Good credit skills
- Solid knowledge of the Canadian Commercial Banking marketplace
- Within an MBA or Undergraduate program with a focus in business, finance, accounting, economics, mathematics or other quantitative field is an asset
- All interested applicants must ensure to submit the most recent copy of your school transcripts to be considered.
- Business Casual Attire
- Flexible Working Hours
- Scotiabank Co-op Orientation: opportunity to meet and network with all co-op students working at Scotiabank each term.
- Opportunity to get involved in the Scotiabank Co-op Social Committee.
- Support the proactive acquisition of new clients by developing a disciplined sales approach, understanding clients’ needs and supporting Relationship Managers throughout the loan process
- Deepen client relationships by increasing your understanding of our clients’ businesses and industries in which they operate, leveraging partners building a strong network within and outside of Scotiabank
- Take the lead in underwriting requirements by following up with clients, assessing financial data, writing investment summaries, and mitigating risk
- Make it easy for clients to do business with Roynat by bringing a full suite of products and services to the client while providing fast turnaround times
If you are interested in the Co-op Opportunity, send a copy of your cover letter and resume to Student Placement Office, Jennifer Currie: firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about Scotiabank and to start your amazing career visit www.scotiabank.com/campus
Scotiabank is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.