Competition # 9643
Co-op Student; Thehub Community Coordinator, Casual, HALIFAX
Public Service Commission
Posting Closing Date: March 9, 2018
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. The Government of Nova Scotia has an Employment Equity Policy and we welcome applications from Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify, on your application form, cover letter, or on your resume.
The Public Service Commission (PSC) provides human resources and employee relations support to government departments, agencies and employees as they deliver programs and services to Nova Scotians. Through our new client services delivery model, PSC employees collaboratively support our clients in all aspects of human resources. Our work culture is one of teamwork, partnership and working under change.
The Engagement and Innovation Team develops, implements, evaluates and evolves innovative ideas and programs that shift the culture of our organization and positively influence the employee experience.
Are you a change leader who thrives in an innovative and dynamic environment? Are you looking for an opportunity to collaborate, build relationships across government, and inspire people to see the benefits of working differently and together? As part of the Engagement & Innovation team at the Public Service Commission, thehub Community Coordinator will be responsible for supporting authentic two-way online conversations, and generating engaging, innovative content for thehub, our corporate intranet. This includes daily revitalization of the site by liaising with various client groups and developing and publishing creative content that aligns with the mission of thethub and positively influences the employee experience.
- Currently engaged in a co-op degree in communications, public relations, or a related field.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills to establish and maintain strong and effective working relationships with colleagues, clients and stakeholders.
- Familiarity with corporate communications, web publishing, and communications planning.
- Familiarity with internal social collaboration tools.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to express ideas, concepts and recommendations clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, at a level consistent with the audience.
- Strong analytical skills and good judgment for problem identification and resolution.
- Ability to handle a face-paced work environment, deadlines and new challenges.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple, concurrent projects and to work independently, with limited direction, to meet deadlines
Support the daily content needs of thehub by:
- Writing blogs, employee/team profiles, video and photo production etc.
- Identifying new content opportunities
- Developing and sourcing creative, high-quality content
- Identifying and developing story concepts that support the engagement of thehub community
- Ensures site content standard are met
- Ensures content refresh schedule is met
- Support corporate communications planning and delivery through:
- Researching, writing, editing and proofreading government-wide communications material. These materials may include broadcast emails and other intranet content, posters and ad copy, headlines, question-and-answers, program information and video scripts.
- Encourage and support participation in thehub community by providing advice to emerging questions and discussions.
- Engage program leads, subject matter experts, and Networks to ensure content linkages are made and to provide story leads where appropriate.
- Support stakeholder engagement to ensure a continual feedback loop and positive user experience.
- Promote thehub as the way to leverage opportunities to showcase ‘one government’.
Social Media Expertise
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of blogging best practices and prevailing developments in web technologies.
- Research and keep up-to-date on emerging trends in online community-building and culture change
This is a co-op position with an expected end date of August 17, 2018.
If you are interested in applying for this Co-op Opportunity, please send a copy of your cover letter and resume to Student Placement Officer, Jennifer Currie: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pay Grade: HOURLY
Salary Range: $15.55 – $20.85 Hourly
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credentials, the results of which must be satisfactory to the employer
For questions or concerns, please contact: Competitions@novascotia.ca