Student Assistant Stewards – Vessels (Summer 2016)
Are you a full-time student, seeking an exciting opportunity to earn up to $25.16 per hour, while working in a fast paced environment that allows you the opportunity to make life-long friends and interact with people from all over the country?
As part of our Student Employment Program for the 2016 summer season, Marine Atlantic is currently looking for Assistant Stewards to work on our ferries. Students must be proficient in English, both written and spoken, but if you speak French, it’s a bonus!
Marine Atlantic’s Student Employment Program is directed at University, Community College, and post-secondary students who are interested in working between July 1 and August 30. Successful students need to be available for training during May and June.
As part of our customer service team you will participate in a variety of ongoing training programs and development opportunities. Marine Atlantic is dedicated to creating an environment which promotes employee growth and career satisfaction. Some benefits of working with Marine Atlantic include competitive salaries, competitive pension plan, comprehensive benefit packages, professional development and advancement opportunities, and travel pass privileges on our vessels.
As an Assistant Steward, you will:
- Provide cheerful, friendly, helpful customer service
- Clean and maintain our cabins and public areas
- Work in our food services
What will your work schedule look like?
While these positions are considered on-call, spare and relief, our goal is to provide a schedule of 15 days of work during a month with 15 days off. Spare and relief employees may not always work 15 days in a month, and the days may not always be consecutive. The schedule will vary depending on operational and staffing requirements.
If you are a returning student you would apply for the summer steward position. If you are completing studies, you can apply for the steward positions.
What do I need to apply?
- Be Safety conscious
- Have graduated High School with a certificate, GED or equivalent education
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be Impeccably groomed with professional oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work 12 hours a day in an exciting customer driven environment
- Have a passion in serving others
- Able to complete a valid Transport Canada Marine Medical and a Transport Canada STCW 6.1 & Marine Advanced First Aid Certification
- Ideally, two (2) years’ experience, in the Hospitality or customer service industry
To apply, have a resume ready and apply online: http://www.marineatlantic.ca/hiringnow/
For more information or to apply please refer to our website: www.marine-atlantic.ca
For further inquiries please email: email@example.com