Now interviewing for May 2018
Built by dreamers, for dreamers.
Located on over a mile of sandy beach along the coast of Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Cabot Links is
Canada’s first and only authentic links golf resort. Nestled between the Atlantic Ocean and the
picturesque town of Inverness, the Cabot Links course represents a dramatic departure from the typical
golf excursion. The Cabot Cliffs course, designed by the decorated team of Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw,
is the newest addition to Cabot. Exquisitely carved out of the breathtaking Cape Breton landscape, with
postcard-worthy panoramas vying for your attention, and every hole calling out to the sea, Cabot Links
is where traditional links land golf comes to life against the spectacular Nova Scotia landscape.
With both courses ranked in the Golf Digest World Top 100 Courses, a career with Cabot Links presents
the opportunity to be involved in an emerging world-class golf and leisure destination.
- Previous housekeeping experience is an asset
- Positive attitude and excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team with minimum supervision
- Ability to handle multiple duties under pressure
- Ability to work flexible hours – coordinating with the manager and scheduling needs
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs – remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and tolerate heat
- Ability to spend long hours moving around, walking, sitting, standing, kneeling, pushing, pulling,
- Frequent lifting and carrying of up to 35 lb
- Occasional ascending and descending stairs and ramps
Cabot Links is looking to recruit a talented Laundry Supervisor, your care and attention to detail in the
Laundry operation will ensure exceptional standards for our resort linens.
Consistently offer professional, friendly, and engaging service
Complete monthly inventory of linens
Conduct weekly inventory of laundry supplies/chemicals and coordinate ordering with the
Report faulty equipment, maintenance needs, and safety hazards to Executive
Train employees on all laundry procedures, including safety procedures and equipment
Verify that laundry requests are completed for each department as needed.
Operate and monitor washing, dry cleaning, and drying machinery.
Inspect linens and terry for damage.
Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, and
motivating and coaching employees.
Load and unload washing machines and dryers as required
Operate steam press machines
Fold and sort linens, and store in linen closet
Sort torn and stained linens
Sort contaminated articles and process separately in de-staining cycle
Set aside, report, and maintain inventory on all damaged or marked linens
Maintain proper usage of cleaning supplies and equipment
Follow departmental policies, procedures, and service standards
Comply with proper security, fire regulation, and all health and safety policies
Complete other duties as assigned by management
Should this exciting opportunity interest you, please submit a cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Human Resources Department