|Position||Small Hotel Staff, The Birches at Ben Eoin Country Inn Ltd.|
|Reporting to||General Manager, Ben Eoin Development Partnership|
This position requires the dedication and motivation professional to create a high-quality, 5-star accommodation experience for guests of the Inn that lead to positive reviews and future stays. Reporting to the General Manager, the front desk and housekeeping staff will be cross trained in order to maximize staff abilities and ensure a more cost-effective approach to staffing. This position will be trained so that individuals are able to service customers on the front line, as well as take care of operations from behind the scenes.
- College or University Degree in Business, Hospitality and Tourism an asset, but individuals with previous experience will be considered
- 2-5 years of work experience required; (Current studetns can apply but please identify if you are a student or recent or potential graduate)
- Computer skills required for booking reservations, and operation of Point of Sale System, proficiency using Microsoft office, and social media platforms
- General experience with home maintenance, repair, and cleaning, to the standards associated with maintaining a public facility.
- Professional image, strong communication skills and customer relations skills
- Ensure needs of guests are met, establish personalized guest connections that provide the best quality experience
- Taking reservations by phone and online
- Facilitate and process guest check-in and check-out
- Send follow-up thank you e-mail, as well as customer review survey
- Assist with the set-up, and tear-down of weddings, special events and functions
- Verifying cleanliness, order, temperature and lighting of rooms that guests are checking into.
- Cleaning rooms, dining room and common areas
- Laundry services
- Make bookings on behalf of guests, according to established procedures with The Lakes Golf Club and Ski Ben Eoin and Sail Cape Breton as part of stay and play packages, as well as at the request of guests staying on the property
- Other duties as assigned
Qualified candidates should submit; a cover letter of application quoting the position title (Small Hotel Staff) that identifies your education and experience as it relates to this position; a resume; contact information and list of three professional references.
Please submit in PDF format by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will receive a return email confirming receipt, qualified candidates only will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your application.
*Note: Ben Eoin is located only 15-20 minutes outside of Sydney but a vehicle is likely required.