Interviewing now for May 2018
Built by dreamers, for dreamers.
Located on over a mile of sandy beach along the coast of Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Cabot Links is Canada’s first and only authentic links golf resort. Nestled between the Atlantic Ocean and the picturesque town of Inverness, the Cabot Links course represents a dramatic departure from the typical golf excursion. The Cabot Cliffs course, designed by the decorated team of Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw, is the newest addition to Cabot. Exquisitely carved out of the breathtaking Cape Breton landscape, with postcard-worthy panoramas vying for your attention, and every hole calling out to the sea, Cabot Links is where traditional links land golf comes to life against the spectacular Nova Scotia landscape.
With both courses ranked in the Golf Digest World Top 100 Courses, a career with Cabot Links presents the opportunity to be involved in an emerging world-class golf and leisure destination.
• High school diploma and/or previous retail management experience required
• Must be of legal age to serve alcohol in NS (19)
• Must have experience with Point of Sales systems (i.e. Micros)
• Must be professional, personable and well-presented
• Ability to work flexible hours – mornings, weekends and evenings as required
• Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Must have exceptional organizational skills and be detail oriented
• Ability to spend long hours walking and standing
• Frequently lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
• Occasional ascending or descending stairs and ramps
• Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
Cabot Links is looking to recruit a talented Supervisor of Food & Beverage who shares a passion for service excellence and infuse enthusiasm into everything you do. This position will provide prompt, friendly, courteous and reliable service and assistance to guests and will supervise and direct all front-end operations.
• Provide timely, personalized, friendly and efficient food and beverage service
• Train and supervise front of house employees and ensure their compliance with policies and procedures
• Ensure that service runs smoothly and any guest issues are dealt with in a timely manner
• Deliver daily pre-shift briefings where information on reservations, specials, special guest requests/celebrations, large groups, etc. is shared with staff
• Assist with service as needed i.e. running food or drinks, clearing tables, seating guests
• Ensure that overall cleanliness and maintenance of our restaurant exceeds expectations
• Ensure that all side duties are completed prior to and at end of shift (side stations properly stocked)
• Orders and controls inventory of all front-end supplies
• Bring any concerns to the attention of the Manager, Food and Beverage (related to internal or external guests, food or service quality, operation of the room, physical surroundings)
• Monitor & correct daily in/out punches for hourly employees and submit approved hours by deadline for biweekly payroll
• Comply with proper security, fire regulation, and all health and safety policies
• Follow departmental policies, procedures and service standards
• Upholds the highest standard of internal and external customer service at all times
• Other duties as assigned by management
Should this exciting opportunity interest you, please submit a cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Human Resources Department email@example.com