Interviewing now for May 2018
Built by dreamers, for dreamers.
Located on over a mile of sandy beach along the coast of Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Cabot Links is Canada’s first and only authentic links golf resort. Nestled between the Atlantic Ocean and the picturesque town of Inverness, the Cabot Links course represents a dramatic departure from the typical golf excursion. The Cabot Cliffs course, designed by the decorated team of Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw, is the newest addition to Cabot. Exquisitely carved out of the breathtaking Cape Breton landscape, with postcard-worthy panoramas vying for your attention, and every hole calling out to the sea, Cabot Links is where traditional links land golf comes to life against the spectacular Nova Scotia landscape.
With both courses ranked in the Golf Digest World Top 100 Courses, a career with Cabot Links presents the opportunity to be involved in an emerging world-class golf and leisure destination.
• Spending long hours walking, standing, and using knife skills
• Frequently lifting and carrying 50 – 100 lb
• Occasionally ascending and descending stairs and ramps
• Occasionally kneeling, pushing, pulling, and lifting
• Working in a hot, intense kitchen that does a significant volume of food
• Other physical demands associated with a busy food & beverage operationQualifications:
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience with at least 2 years’ experience in a culinary leadership role
• Degree or diploma in the culinary field or equivalent industry experience
• Be a confident and proactive leader
• The ability to prioritize and make effective decisions
• Verbal and interpersonal communications skills
• Multi-tasking and complex problem solving in high pressure situations
• Work all shifts including morning, nights, and weekends
• Positive attitude and attendance record at all times
• Highly responsible and reliable
• Cohesively work as part of a team
Cabot Links is looking to recruit talented Sous Chefs who are responsible for the day to day culinary operations in your outlet. The Sous Chef is responsible for menu development and training of all colleagues to establish outstanding cuisine on a consistent basis. This position is expected to train, mentor and assist in leading the culinary brigade to great success through demonstration of work ethic and sound business practices that will ultimately lead to a high level of employee engagement, industry accolades and community recognition. This position must be a natural leader that exudes positivity and passion in even the most challenging of circumstances. This position will also be required to assist where needed in the rest of the resort’s culinary operations and will be an active member of all things pertaining to food & beverage leadership. This role presents the opportunity for fast career growth with a growing organization.
• Work alongside team of leaders at Cabot to ensure resort consistency and vision is met and exceeded.
• Work closely with culinary and front of house leaders to build a world class F&B program for the resort, its employees and its guests.
• Assist in development of a long-term structure in the culinary brigade through training, mentoring and growing of individuals.
• Sharing recipes and cooking techniques with the culinary brigade and guests
• Development and maintenance of a ‘food bible’ for all F&B employees. This should have all dishes served, the recipes and images of the dish. It is to be used to ensure sound knowledge and consistency of the food served in all Cabot outlets. The food bible will be an ongoing task and is deemed an essential accompaniment to a menu change.
• Ensure sound financial performance through labor management and food cost control.
• Ensure schedule and payroll metrics are adhered to on a consistent basis
• Set goals and objectives to improve kitchen’s performance and efficiency
• Run efficient food storage, prep and rotation systems
• Drive and reward performance of top talent
• Communicate expectations and create an environment of pride and accountability.
• Work with all departments to ensure clear communication, understanding, and positive relationships between the kitchen and other departments
• Run a clean, organized culinary operation that meets and exceeds health & safety standards
• Overseeing the upkeep & maintenance of all kitchen equipment and facilities
• Monitor & correct daily in/out punches for hourly employees and submit approved hours by deadline for biweekly payroll
• Abide by all occupational health and safety standards
• Follow all Fire Safety Plans and Regulations
• Carry out duties through prescribed safe working practices
• Be proactive in identifying and reporting all safety risks to staff
• Comply and maintain all specified kitchen standards at all times
• Other duties as assigned by management
Should this exciting opportunity interest you, please submit a cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Human Resources Department email@example.com