Built by dreamers, for dreamers.
Located on over a mile of sandy beach along the coast of Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Cabot Links is Canada’s first and only authentic links golf resort. Nestled between the Atlantic Ocean and the picturesque town of Inverness, the Cabot Links course represents a dramatic departure from the typical golf excursion. The Cabot Cliffs course, designed by the decorated team of Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw, is the newest addition to Cabot. Exquisitely carved out of the breathtaking Cape Breton landscape, with postcard-worthy panoramas vying for your attention, and every hole calling out to the sea, Cabot Links is where traditional links land golf comes to life against the spectacular Nova Scotia landscape.
With both courses ranked in the Golf Digest World Top 100 Courses, a career with Cabot Links presents the opportunity to be involved in an emerging world-class golf and leisure destination.
• Previous experience in the culinary field required
• Diploma/Certification in a Culinary discipline an asset
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
• Constant standing and walking throughout shift
• Frequently lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
• Occasional ascending or descending stairs and ramps
• Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
• Must be able to work in a hot, stressful, noisy kitchen
Cabot Links is looking to recruit talented Second Cooks who will assist in preparation and delivery of high quality food items in a busy kitchen.
• Prepare top quality salads, sandwiches, cold appetizers and desserts under supervision of the Station Chef
• Prepare the necessary food items as directed by the Executive Chefs in accordance with Cabot standards and in a timely and efficient fashion to ensure that there is no interruption to guest service
• Follow all recipes, weights and measures to produce quality food according to the Kitchen Guidebook and Executive Chefs
• Keep work station clean and organized including fridge’s/freezers, countertops and stove tops
• Ensure that station opening and closing procedures are carried out to standard
• Keep overproduction and food waste to a minimum in order to reduce food cost expense
• Operate all kitchen equipment and conduct themselves with safety in mind at all times
• Ensure that all food products are handled, stored, prepared and served safely in accordance with company and government Food Safety guidelines
• Report any and all deficiencies in kitchen equipment functionality and quality of food products to the Executive Chefs in a timely fashion
• Maintain a clean, neat and professional appearance, ensuring proper protective clothing is worn at all times
• Comply with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment
• Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required
• Carry out and attend, if required, training courses, which are necessary for the performance of the role
• Follow all Fire Safety Plan and Regulations
• Other duties as assigned by management
Should this exciting opportunity interest you, please submit a cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Human Resources Department email@example.com