Excellent opportunity for a student in the Bachelor of Hospitality & Tourism Management program to be this season’s manager at ISLAND POINT RESORT which is located on Bras D’Or Lake approximately 45 minutes from Sydney and 30 minutes from Baddeck. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of ensuring a positive experience for each of our guests.
- Must be a current student enrolled in the hospitality program
- Excellent computer skills
- Positive attitude and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Must pay attention to detail
- Must be able to work well with others and also independently
- Knowledge of the area would be an asset
- Must have vehicle as the resort is out of town.
- Manage reservation on our on-line booking system including confirmation emails and communicating cancellation policies
- Answer telephone in a professional manner
- Prepare for guest arrival and ensure cottages are above expectations
- Process payments and maintain all reservation records
- Check on guests during their stay and resolve any issues in a timely manner
- Provide information on the amenities, local area attractions and directions
- Complete on check-out procedures including assessing cottages for damages and documenting guest comments and feedback.
- All monthly reporting requirements
If you are interested in this job opportunity please send a copy of your cover letter and resume to Student Placement Officer, Jennifer Currie: email@example.com