ROOM AND CONDO ATTENDANT
REPORTS TO: Housekeeping Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time Seasonal
The main purpose of this position is to ensure that all guest rooms are cleaned to Blue Mountain /Westin brand standards,
according to our detailed training programs. This position is essential to the success of the Lodging Department, because
it ensures that we are able to provide our guests with clean rooms, and exceed their expectations of lodging service
- Physically fit and able to: Lift up to 25 pounds on a continuing basis and lift up to 45 pounds (with assistance)
occasionally throughout the day.
- Push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 100lbs on a continuing basis
- Bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks
- Handle repetitive physical motions, such as standing, sitting, stretching and bending
- Team Orientated
- Proven ability to work under tight time demands
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude at work
- Proven guest service ability with an attention to detail
Previous experience in housekeeping an asset
- Providing exemplary customer service by meeting our four service promises: engaging each guest; providing
enthusiastic, friendly service; anticipating guest needs; and taking ownership.
- Perform essential duties of the daily housekeeping services in assigned units and common areas to standard,
within specified time limits.
- Cleaning of the guestrooms includes: making beds and changing linens as required, cleaning and sanitizing
bathrooms and kitchens, dusting, vacuuming, placing furniture to its original position, replenish amenities.
- Cleaning of the bathroom inside the guestroom includes: cleaning and sanitizing all surfaces (horizontal and
vertical), all sinks, faucets, vanities, tubs, showers, walls and toilets.
- Cleaning of the kitchen inside the guest room includes: loading/emptying the dishwasher, cleaning and
sanitizing all surfaces (horizontal and vertical), all sinks, taps, dishes, cupboards, fridge, stovetop, oven, and
- Ensure all kitchen inventory is accounted for and replaced/reported.
- Updating and prioritizing rooms to be cleaned.
- Deep Cleaning units annually in a team, including assisting with moving furniture, high dusting, full clean of unit.
- Noting and reporting inventory shortages to the appropriate authority.
- Responsible for stocking and maintaining a clean/organized working environment at all times – this includes the
linen lock-up, housekeeping carts and vacuums, etc.
- Responsible for assisting in the removal of trash, recyclables and dirty linens as seen fit or directed.
- Clean common area as required (may include night cleaning).
- Handle guests’ complaints and take action to resolve problems – inform leadership when required.
- Assist other housekeeping employees in maintaining clean and organized working and public area.