PUBLIC SPACES ASSOCIATE
REPORTS TO: Housekeeping Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time Seasonal
This position is essential to the success of the Lodging Department, because it ensures that we are able to provide our internal and external customers with clean public spaces in the hotels and employee areas; including carpet and floor maintenance. This Associate is responsible for cleaning public spaces in the hotels, underground, base lodges, offices, and outlying facilities on resort. They are also responsible for providing exemplary customer service by engaging each guest; providing enthusiastic, friendly service; anticipating guest needs; and taking ownership. They will ensure that guest and staff requests and deliveries are met in a timely manner, and that inventory and linen are stocked and inventory rooms are clean and well-maintained. The Public Space Associate also works closely with the ‘At Your Service’ department to ensure that any special lodging guest requests are met.
- High school or equivalent education preferred.
- At least 6 months experience in a similar role would be an asset.
- Regular weekend and holiday work.
- Mopping, sweeping and vacuuming floors, stripping, waxing and maintaining floors.
- Carpet cleaning using spot treatment as well as larger equipment
- Clean and disinfect sinks, countertops, toilets, mirrors, floors, etc, replenish bathroom supplies, and polish metal work, such as fixtures and fittings in public bathrooms within hotel lobbies, base lodges and office buildings.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness of common area spaces throughout shift.
- Respond to calls on hand-held devices from internal dispatch to clean spills, broken glass, etc
- Assist with receiving deliveries of amenities, supplies and equipment specific to the housekeeping department.
- Deliver guest service requests i.e. deliver a corkscrew, cot, extra towels etc.
- Assist with Conference room drops for guests.
- Stock and pick up pool towels and maintain pool areas (straightening chairs and removing garbage). Close hot tubs areas at 11:00pm.
- Prepare linen bags and deliver bags to units and/or linen sheds, and prepare outgoing linen for pick-up.
- Ensure that appropriate supplies on each hotel floor are maintained and organize and stock linen in storage areas and ensure par levels are maintained.
- Garbage and recycling removal for all hotels.
- Occasionally clean guest rooms as required.
- Cleaning the vehicles and identifying maintenance issues.