Watermark Beach Resort is a destination resort located in the South Okanagan, an interior region of British
Columbia, Canada. Our property boasts 153 suites, a full service restaurant, 2 conference rooms, an outdoor swimming
pool and 2 hot tubs, and 300 metres of sandy beachfront on beautiful Osoyoos Lake. Watermark Beach Resort is open
year round, but our busiest season by far is the summer. Being located in Canada’s only desert means hot and dry
weather from June through September. Daily highs consistently reach the mid 30’s and will occasionally break 40°C in
July and August. Precipitation is infrequent so we can all but guarantee our guests a sunny day.
Wage: $13.00/hr plus gratuities
Department: Guest Services
Number of Positions: 1
Hours: Full time
Start Date: June
End Date: September
This role serves as the provider of Stand-Up Paddle and Kayak Rentals for guests of Watermark Beach Resort, and tourists of Osoyoos. Primary Responsibilities are the set up and take down of the Tent at the grass where SUP / Kayak rentals occur. The ability to carry and lift Stand Up Paddle boards weighing approx. 25lbs and Kayaks weighing approx. 40lbs. to and from the water and storage area. Providing guests with instruction on the basics of SUP and Kayak, ensuring they have all necessary safety equipment and knowledge of Osoyoos Lake and the town Bylaws. This role is also responsible for filling out all necessary paper work including waivers, room charge forms, and explaining the risks involved in the activity. The individual will also be responsible for scheduling future appointments for guests and working closely with the front desk and concierge at Watermark Beach Resort.
- Moderate to High level of strength, endurance and fitness is a requirement to lift and handle the boards, tent and kayaks.
- Strong swimmer and comfortable with being around the water, first aid or Life Guarding is an asset.
- Stand Up Paddle and or Kayaking experience is an asset
- Customer service experience, dealing with the public and making guests feel welcome and comfortable.
- Knowledge of computers and basic programs for scheduling rental appointments
- Experience with tourism, hotel guests and outdoor activities an asset
- Set up large out door tent and take down each shift and store in bike storage
- Carry up 4 SUP Boards and 2 kayaks and all paddles to tent from bike storage and put away after shift (must be able to lift up to 50lbs)
- Ensure customers sign all proper documents for the waiver and process payments
- Work with the Front Desk and Concierge to book appointments, avoid conflicts and maximize rental times
- Explain basics of SUP and Kayaking to customer and safety tips
- Explain Osoyoos Lake, bylaws and aid with bringing the equipment to and from the water
- Be an ambassador to Watermark Beach Resort and other activities on the property. Hand out Yoga and Fitness Schedules to guests and promote activities.
- Retail sale transactions of merchandise if applicable
- Periodically monitor Watermark beachfront to ensure only guests access the pool area
- Other duties as assigned