Built by dreamers, for dreamers.
Located on over a mile of sandy beach along the coast of Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Cabot Links is Canada’s first and only authentic links golf resort. Nestled between the Atlantic Ocean and the picturesque town of Inverness, the Cabot Links course represents a dramatic departure from the typical golf excursion. The Cabot Cliffs course, designed by the decorated team of Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw, is the newest addition to Cabot. Exquisitely carved out of the breathtaking Cape Breton landscape, with postcard-worthy panoramas vying for your attention, and every hole calling out to the sea, Cabot Links is where traditional links land golf comes to life against the spectacular Nova Scotia landscape.
With both courses ranked in the Golf Digest World Top 100 Courses, a career with Cabot Links presents the opportunity to be involved in an emerging world-class golf and leisure destination.
• Two years’ experience in a kitchen setting or 1st year apprentice (prep cook)
• Demonstrated verbal and interpersonal communications skills
• Able to work long hours, including morning, nights and weekends
• Able to maintain a positive attitude and attendance record at all times
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
• Ability to spend long hours walking and standing
• Frequently lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
• Occasional ascending or descending stairs and ramps
• Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
• Must be able to work in a hot, stressful, noisy kitchen
Cabot Links is looking to recruit talented Line Cooks who will assist in preparation and delivery of high quality food items in a busy kitchen.
• Prepare top quality salads, sandwiches, cold appetizers and desserts under supervision of the Station Chef
• Follow all recipes, weights and measures to produce quality food according to the Kitchen Guidebook and Executive Chefs
• Must possess safe and proficient knife skills
• Perform all around general kitchen cleanup, including garbage removal dish and floor washing
• Ability to run food to food elevator
• Maintain a clean, neat and professional appearance, ensuring proper protective clothing is worn at all times
• Carry out duties though prescribed safe working practices and adhere be proactive in identifying and reporting all safety risks to guests and staff
• Carry out and attend, if required, training courses, which are necessary for the performance of the role
• Abide by all occupational health, safety and standards
• Follow all Fire Safety Plan and Regulations
• Other duties as assigned by management
Should this exciting opportunity interest you, please submit a cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Human Resources Department firstname.lastname@example.org