Westmont Hospitality Group is seeking a Dynamic Part Time Housekeeper to join the team at our Comfort Inn
Sydney, Nova Scotia. The incumbent is responsible for maintaining a clean and appealing guest room according
to policy standards. Reports to the General Manager and works under general instructions to prioritize and
complete assigned tasks.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used by guests visiting the workplace.
- Some heavy lifting required.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Use of cleaning chemicals
- Works mainly weekends
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Change bed linen daily.
- Vacuum carpeting.
- Dust all furniture (picture frames, bed frames, lamps, TVs, dressers).
- Remove fingerprints and smudges (i.e. mirrors, shiny surfaces, windows, etc.)
- Thoroughly clean the bathroom area—wash shower stall, sink, floor, toilet, etc.
- Adhere to brand standard cleaning requirements.
- Make sure that the standard room set-up is complied with.
- Report all damage found in a room immediately.
- Report all missing items in a room and any personal guest items found in vacant rooms immediately.
- Notify housekeeper of all roll-a-ways or cribs in rooms for pick-up and storage.
- Responsible for pass key and ensuring it is turned in daily.
- Ensuring all “lost and found” items are turned in to General Manager or Front Desk immediately.
- Shut off all lights, TVs, and air conditioners when leaving room.
- Assist General Manager with any additional cleaning chores that may be assigned.
POSITION: Housekeeper / Rooms Attendant
LOCATION: Comfort Inn Sydney. 368 King Road, Sydney, NS. B1S 1A8
JOB TYPE: P/T
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 30, 2018
EXPECTED START DATE: Immediately
REPORTING TO: General Manager
COMPENSATION: Salary is under review and is subject to skills, abilities and qualifications.
PLEASE FORWARD CHRONOLOGICAL RESUME IN CONFIDENCE TO:
Westmont Hospitality Group
E-mail: Interim General Manager – Jenai Reaburn at firstname.lastname@example.org
WE THANK ALL APPLICANTS, HOWEVER, ONLY THOSE APPLICANTS SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.