Built by dreamers, for dreamers.
Located on over a mile of sandy beach along the coast of Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Cabot Links is Canada’s first and only authentic links golf resort. Nestled between the Atlantic Ocean and the picturesque town of Inverness, the Cabot Links course represents a dramatic departure from the typical golf excursion. The Cabot Cliffs course, designed by the decorated team of Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw, is the newest addition to Cabot. Exquisitely carved out of the breathtaking Cape Breton landscape, with postcard-worthy panoramas vying for your attention, and every hole calling out to the sea, Cabot Links is where traditional links land golf comes to life against the spectacular Nova Scotia landscape.
With both courses ranked in the Golf Digest World Top 100 Courses, a career with Cabot Links presents the opportunity to be involved in an emerging world-class golf and leisure destination.
• Previous service experience an asset
• Must have experience with Point of Sales systems (i.e. Micros)
• Must be professional, personable and well-presented
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Ability to work flexible hours – weekends and evenings as required
• Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Must have exceptional organizational skills and be detail oriented
• Ability to spend long hours walking and standing
• Frequent lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
• Frequent ascending or descending stairs and ramps
• Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
Cabot Links is looking to recruit talented Host/Hostess who share a passion for service excellence and infuse enthusiasm into everything you do. This position will be the first point of contact for all guests, through the coordination of all reservations by phone or in person. This position will greet all guests at the restaurant entrance with a warm welcome, escort guests to their table, and assist in menu presentation.
• Provide timely, personalized, friendly and efficient service
• Greet guests upon arrival and escort to their seat. Provide menus and describe the daily features, and provide the guests with the name of their server
• Answer the phone in accordance with resort standards
• Accept dinner reservations for Panorama, by taking the following information; name of host, time, number of people in the party and phone number
• Inspect and maintain the dining facilities while making sure each guest is being properly served
• Be knowledgeable with regard to operating hours of all Cabot restaurants and any promotions/events
• Prepare a seating assignment before each meal period, considering special requests or accommodations (highchairs for children, individuals with disabilities, food allergies, etc.)
• Advise Manager of any VIP’s
• Walk through the dining room to ensure that guests are satisfied; answer questions, advise servers and bussers of any specific service needs
• Ensure hostess stand is kept clean and tidy
• Comply with proper security, fire regulation, and all health and safety policies
• Follow departmental policies, procedures and service standards
• Other duties as assigned by management
Should this exciting opportunity interest you, please submit a cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Human Resources Department firstname.lastname@example.org