Built by dreamers, for dreamers.
Located on over a mile of sandy beach along the coast of Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Cabot Links is Canada’s first and only authentic links golf resort. Nestled between the Atlantic Ocean and the picturesque town of Inverness, the Cabot Links course represents a dramatic departure from the typical golf excursion. The Cabot Cliffs course, designed by the decorated team of Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw, is the newest addition to Cabot. Exquisitely carved out of the breathtaking Cape Breton landscape, with postcard-worthy panoramas vying for your attention, and every hole calling out to the sea, Cabot Links is where traditional links land golf comes to life against the spectacular Nova Scotia landscape.
With both courses ranked in the Golf Digest World Top 100 Courses, a career with Cabot Links presents the opportunity to be involved in an emerging world-class golf and leisure destination.
• High school diploma and/or previous food and beverage or retail experience required
• Ability to work flexible hours – mornings, evenings (in the summer months), weekends and holidays as required
• Must have “Serving it Right” alcohol service certification
• First Aid certification, Food Safe certification and WHMIS certification an asset but not required
• Experience with Point of Sales systems (i.e. Micros) and asset but not required
• Must be professional, personable and well-presented
• Must have the willingness to learn, be enthusiastic and positive
• Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Must have exceptional organizational skills and be detail oriented
• Ability to spend long hours walking and standing
• Frequently lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
• Occasional ascending or descending stairs and ramps
• Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
Cabot Links is looking to recruit talented Front of House Servers who will provide prompt, friendly, courteous and reliable service and assistance to internal and external guests.
• Provide timely, personalized, friendly and efficient food and beverage service
• Product knowledge of menu items and retail items
• Light food preparation (Coffee station, Panini & Salad station)
• Money handling (entrusted with cash station and cash closes)
• Serve, refresh, and clear tables in a timely manner
• Ensure that overall cleanliness and maintenance of our restaurant exceeds expectations
• Maintain work section in an orderly and timely manner (clearing tables, refreshing beverages)
• Answer restaurant phone for take away orders, guest inquiries, etc.
• Complete side duties in timely manner (side stations properly stocked)
• Maintain cleanliness of guest washrooms
• Comply with proper security, fire regulation, alcohol service and all health and safety policies
• Follow departmental policies, procedures and service standards
• Upholds the highest standard of internal and external customer service at all times
• Assist in preparation and organization with internal and external Banquet Event Orders (BEOs) and Cake orders as requested by management
• Other duties as assigned by management
• Bring any concerns to the attention of the Downstreet Manager (related to internal or external guests, food or service quality, operation of the room, physical surroundings)
Should this exciting opportunity interest you, please submit a cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Human Resources Department firstname.lastname@example.org