Inspired by your workplace? Is that even possible? At Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity, it’s what
we do. All of the time. As Canada’s leading post-graduate arts institution, Banff Centre aims to
inspire everyone who attends our campus – artists, leaders, and thinkers – to unleash their creative
potential. Our mission, passionate team, and picturesque location on Treaty 7 Territory overlooking
the town of Banff in the magnificent Canadian Rocky Mountains come together to create a unique
place to work. Creativity and innovation form the basis of who we are, and we take pride in providing
exceptional service to the thousands of people who come from across Canada, and around the
world, to participate in training programs, attend conferences, and enjoy events at Banff Centre.
Let us help you realize your own potential at Banff Centre.
Food and Beverage Server – Summer Co-op Student
Please note: this is a summer 2018 co-op term opportunity for students currently attending a
post-secondary institution specializing in a hospitality program.
As part of our award-winning hospitality services, Banff Centre features a number of dining options
for guests and participants — fine dining and beautifully appointed banquets; market-style choices
for daily dining; casual options for a quick bite, take-away, or pub-style fare; room service delivered
to either guest bedrooms or meeting spaces.
The Food and Beverage department is looking for friendly, team-oriented Servers to assist in the
smooth and efficient operation of food and beverage services for special functions (both on-site and
remote), the staff dining room, and Vistas Dining Room. Able to work under minimal supervision,
while providing excellent customer-service, our Servers enjoy consistent hours-per-week and flexible
Qualification and Educational Requirements
- Currently enrolled in a hospitality program in a post-secondary institution.
- Previous hospitality experience as a food-service attendant or in a related customer-service
focused area is preferred.
- Enjoys interacting with a diverse group of people (artists, leadership participants, conference
- Budgets and organizes their time proactively to provide consistent and enjoyable service
- Positively engaging our guests
- Serving beverages
- Setting tables, stocking bussing stations and any pre-banquet set-up required
- Clearing tables, tearing down banquet stations, tidying up spaces
- Taking payment where applicable
- Due to our liquor license requirements, only candidates 18 years and older can be considered
for this position
- Candidates offered a position with the Centre, in this capacity, will be required to obtain a
criminal record check verifying a clear record before a final job offer can be finalized.
- Due to the nature of the job, this position requires the candidate to be available to work a
flexible, irregular schedule and weekends.
- Physical stamina and the ability to move heavy equipment is required.
Employment Terms & Benefits
In accordance with CUPE 4318, this is a unionized, termed, hourly support staff position, subject to a
500 hour probationary period. This position pays $13.69 per hour increasing to $14.71 per hour after
probation, working up to 37.5 hours per week. The weekly hours will vary based on departmental
As part of your employment with Banff Centre, you will receive on-the-job training, access to our staff
cafeteria, subsidized fitness memberships, staff events, and free/reduced admission to many Banff
Centre concerts, films, lectures and exhibitions. For more information please visit our benefits page.
We are currently accepting applications for the Food and Beverage position until
March 1, 2018.
All applications must include a cover letter demonstrating how your experience translates to this
position and why you are interested in becoming part of our team.
Submit your application, resume and cover letter online at http://bit.ly/2zEizj8
Thank you for your interest in working at Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity