Watermark Beach Resort is a destination resort located in the South Okanagan, an interior region of British
Columbia, Canada. Our property boasts 153 suites, a full service restaurant, 2 conference rooms, an outdoor swimming
pool and 2 hot tubs, and 300 metres of sandy beachfront on beautiful Osoyoos Lake. Watermark Beach Resort is open
year round, but our busiest season by far is the summer. Being located in Canada’s only desert means hot and dry
weather from June through September. Daily highs consistently reach the mid 30’s and will occasionally break 40°C in
July and August. Precipitation is infrequent so we can all but guarantee our guests a sunny day.
Wage: $10.10/hr plus gratuities
Department: Food & Beverage
Number of Positions: 7
Hours: Full time
Start Date: April – June
End Date: September – October
The primary role of the restaurant Server is to provide exceptional service to all customers of The Restaurant at Watermark. A Server is responsible for all aspects of fine dining services such as explaining dishes, recommending wine pairings, and setting and bussing tables. This role will require the ability to work flexible hours in a small team.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have Serving it Right Certificate or be able to obtain within first 2 weeks of employment
- Provide consistent and exceptional service to all customers of The Restaurant at Watermark
- Provides assistance to other associates and departments to contribute to the best overall performance of the operation and the hotel
- Specific job group skills:
- Completes all restocking and cleaning duties.
- Maintains cleanliness standards in the Restaurant, service station and kitchen service area.
- Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
- Excellent knowledge of local wine and chef’s menu and pairing opportunities.
- Able to assist guests with their immediate needs as well as cross sell other outlets and resort amenities.
- Good knowledge of culinary ingredients and their preparation.
- Knowledge of Visual One point of sale or similar operating system
- Knowledge of property, surrounding area and attractions.
- Presents the property and the business in a positive manner for all telephone or in-person enquiries and reservations.