Watermark Beach Resort is a destination resort located in the South Okanagan, an interior region of British
Columbia, Canada. Our property boasts 153 suites, a full service restaurant, 2 conference rooms, an outdoor swimming
pool and 2 hot tubs, and 300 metres of sandy beachfront on beautiful Osoyoos Lake. Watermark Beach Resort is open
year round, but our busiest season by far is the summer. Being located in Canada’s only desert means hot and dry
weather from June through September. Daily highs consistently reach the mid 30’s and will occasionally break 40°C in
July and August. Precipitation is infrequent so we can all but guarantee our guests a sunny day.
Number of Positions: 5
Hours: Full time
Start Date: April – June
End Date: September – October
- Professional diploma or food services management preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of kitchen experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of food and catering trends, quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation required.
- Food Safe level 1 an asset
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to)
- Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting up to 50lbs.
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
- Prepare a variety of ingredients, sauces, and baked goods based on the Chef’s orders.
- Wash, peel and/or cut various foods to prepare for cooking or serving.
- Clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware.
- Store food in designated containers and storage areas for easy access.
- Inform supervisors when supplies are getting low or equipment is not working properly.
- Other duties as assigned