Built by dreamers, for dreamers.
Located on over a mile of sandy beach along the coast of Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Cabot Links is Canada’s first and only authentic links golf resort. Nestled between the Atlantic Ocean and the picturesque town of Inverness, the Cabot Links course represents a dramatic departure from the typical golf excursion. The Cabot Cliffs course, designed by the decorated team of Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw, is the newest addition to Cabot. Exquisitely carved out of the breathtaking Cape Breton landscape, with postcard-worthy panoramas vying for your attention, and every hole calling out to the sea, Cabot Links is where traditional links land golf comes to life against the spectacular Nova Scotia landscape.
With both courses ranked in the Golf Digest World Top 100 Courses, a career with Cabot Links presents the opportunity to be involved in an emerging world-class golf and leisure destination.
• Ability to work flexible hours – weekends and evenings as required
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Must be professional, personable and well-presented
• Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to spend long hours walking and standing
• Frequently lifting and carrying up to 75 lbs
• Occasional ascending or descending stairs and ramps
• Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
Cabot Links is looking to recruit talented Busser/ Bar-Backs who share a passion for service excellence and infuse enthusiasm into everything you do. This position will support and assist the Bartender by maintaining a clean and well-stocked bar.
• Pre-service set up:
o Ensure the bar is fully stocked with clean glassware, straws, napkins, ice, alcohol and mixers, such as juices and sodas
o Change kegs of beer and syrups for soda fountain as needed
o Prepare drink garnishes such as wedges and twists of lime, lemon and orange
• During service:
o Wash and polish glassware
o Ensure that overall cleanliness and maintenance of the bar exceeds expectations (clean any spills, collect dirty glassware and dishes, remove garbage/recycling and broken glassware as needed)
o Restock clean glassware, straws, napkins, ice as needed
o Restock alcohol and mixers, such as juices and sodas as needed
• Post-service closing:
o Collect, clean, polish and restock all dirty glassware
o Restock bar with alcohol and mixers
o Remove garbage, recycling, broken glassware and dispose of in appropriate receptacles
• Bring any concerns to the attention of the Manager/Supervisor On Duty (related to internal or external guests, food or service quality, operation of the room, physical surroundings)
• Comply with proper security, fire regulation, and all health and safety policies
• Follow departmental policies, procedures and service standards
• Other duties as assigned by management
Should this exciting opportunity interest you, please submit a cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Human Resources Department firstname.lastname@example.org