Built by dreamers, for dreamers.
Located on over a mile of sandy beach along the coast of Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Cabot Links is Canada’s first and only authentic links golf resort. Nestled between the Atlantic Ocean and the picturesque town of Inverness, the Cabot Links course represents a dramatic departure from the typical golf excursion. The Cabot Cliffs course, designed by the decorated team of Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw, is the newest addition to Cabot. Exquisitely carved out of the breathtaking Cape Breton landscape, with postcard-worthy panoramas vying for your attention, and every hole calling out to the sea, Cabot Links is where traditional links land golf comes to life against the spectacular Nova Scotia landscape.
With both courses ranked in the Golf Digest World Top 100 Courses, a career with Cabot Links presents the opportunity to be involved in an emerging world-class golf and leisure destination.
• Five years’ experience
• Demonstrated verbal and interpersonal communications skills
• Able to multi-task and solve problems under pressure
• Able to work long hours, including morning, nights and weekends
• Able to maintain a positive attitude and attendance record at all times
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
• Ability to spend long hours walking and standing
• Frequently lifting and carrying up to 50 – 100 lbs
• Occasional ascending or descending stairs and ramps
• Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
• Must be able to work in a hot, stressful, noisy kitchen
Cabot Links is looking to recruit talented Breakfast Cooks who will assist in preparation and delivery of high quality food items in a busy kitchen.
• Responsible for ensuring top quality breakfast products are served
• Follows all recipes, weights and measures to produce top quality breakfast products in accordance with the standards Kitchen Guidebook and Executive Chefs
• Responsible to open the kitchen in accordance with the opening checklist
• Complies with all portion sizes, cooking methods, and quality standards, in accordance with standardized recipes
• Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served
• Maintains sanitary workstation including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, sauté burners and refrigeration equipment
• Receive, store and rotate all food items in the correct manner to ensure proper standards and minimum wastage is being enforced
• Carry out duties though prescribed safe working practices and adhere be proactive in identifying and reporting all safety risks to guests and staff
• Maintain a clean, neat and professional appearance, ensuring proper protective clothing is worn at all time
• Maintain a positive attitude and attendance record at all times
• Comply and maintain all specified kitchen standards at all times
• Carry out and attend, if required, training courses, which are necessary for the performance of the role
• Abide by all occupational health, safety and standards
• Follow all Fire Safety Plan and Regulations
• Other duties as assigned by management
Should this exciting opportunity interest you, please submit a cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Cabot Links – Human Resources Department email@example.com