Inspired by your workplace? Is that even possible? At Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity, it’s what
we do. All of the time. As Canada’s leading post-graduate arts institution, Banff Centre aims to
inspire everyone who attends our campus – artists, leaders, and thinkers – to unleash their creative
potential. Our mission, passionate team, and picturesque location on Treaty 7 Territory overlooking
the town of Banff in the magnificent Canadian Rocky Mountains come together to create a unique
place to work. Creativity and innovation form the basis of who we are, and we take pride in providing
exceptional service to the thousands of people who come from across Canada, and around the
world, to participate in training programs, attend conferences, and enjoy events at Banff Centre.
Let us help you realize your own potential at Banff Centre!
Bell Desk Attendant – Summer Co-op Student
Please note: this is a summer 2018 co-op term opportunity for students currently attending a
post-secondary institution specializing in a hospitality program.
The Front Office at Banff Centre is looking for a friendly and enthusiastic Bell Desk
Attendant to ensure a memorable stay for our visiting guests. Motivated and customer-service
oriented, you will maintain the organization of guest’s luggage and belongings to and from guest
rooms, providing storage if required, while ensuring the lobby is kept clean at all times.
Qualification and Educational Requirements
- Currently enrolled in a hospitality program in a post-secondary institution
- Previous customer service experience
- Strong organizational skills and time management
- Transportation and storage of guest luggage
- Assist with guest needs.
- Maintain cleanliness/tidiness of lobby.
- Pick-up and delivery of guest laundry.
- Provide guests with local information.
- Show guest rooms, conduct guests to and from rooms as required.
- Relevant duties as assigned by Front Office Manager or Supervisor.
- Maintain a fire in the lobby lounge fireplace, except during hot summer days.
- Maintain a presence in the lobby.
- Maintain cleanliness and serviceability of the Front Office vehicle.
- Candidates offered a position with the Centre, in this capacity, will be required to obtain a
criminal record check verifying a clear record before a final job offer can be finalized.
- Due to the nature of the job, this position requires the candidate to be available to work a
flexible, irregular schedule and weekends.
- Physical stamina and the ability to move heavy equipment is required.
- This position requires a valid Alberta driver’s license.
Employment Terms & Benefits
In accordance with CUPE 4318, this is a unionized, termed, hourly support staff position, subject to a
500 hour probationary period.
This position pays $ 13.60 per hour working up to 40 hours per week. The weekly hours will vary
based on departmental workload.
As part of your employment with Banff Centre, you will receive on-the-job training, access to our staff
cafeteria, subsidized fitness memberships, staff events, and free/reduced admission to many Banff
Centre concerts, films, lectures and exhibitions. For more information please visit our benefits page.
We are currently accepting applications for the Bell Desk Attendant position until
March 1, 2018
All applications must include a cover letter demonstrating how your experience translates to this
position and why you are interested in becoming part of our team.
Submit your application, resume and cover letter online at http://bit.ly/2CeRaK4