Watermark Beach Resort is a destination resort located in the South Okanagan, an interior region of British
Columbia, Canada. Our property boasts 153 suites, a full service restaurant, 2 conference rooms, an outdoor swimming
pool and 2 hot tubs, and 300 metres of sandy beachfront on beautiful Osoyoos Lake. Watermark Beach Resort is open
year round, but our busiest season by far is the summer. Being located in Canada’s only desert means hot and dry
weather from June through September. Daily highs consistently reach the mid 30’s and will occasionally break 40°C in
July and August. Precipitation is infrequent so we can all but guarantee our guests a sunny day.
Wage: $13/hr plus gratuities
Department: Food & Beverage
Number of Positions: 3
Hours: Full time
Start Date: April – June
End Date: September – October
- Previous bartending experience required
- Serving it Right Certificate
- Team orientated work ethic
- Able to work a flexible schedule
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting up to 40lbs.
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
- Excellent knowledge of local wines, chef’s menu, and pairing opportunities.
- Demonstrates knowledge of spirits and beer, able to expedite most common beverages and mixed drinks
- Ability to sell product based on basic bar principles.
- Maintains cleanliness standards in the Wine Bar, behind the bar, and kitchen service area.
- Must demonstrate ability to read guest and service situation and act with integrity and handle high pressure situations
- Completes all restocking and cleaning duties.
- Able to assist guests with their immediate needs as well as cross sell other products, outlets, and resort amenities.
- Strong sense of ethic and understanding of legal and moral obligation to service of alcohol