Located in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, The Mariner King Inn majestically stands in the heart of Old Town offering upscale and contemporary lodging. The Inn, built in 1830, has undergone extensive renovations restoring the old and melding it with the needs of today’s travelers. The 4.5* Inn has 14 units and one vacation rental unit. Three rooms and two suites with reception and breakfast room are located in the original historic building , four suites, three rooms and two family rooms with a more contemporary, mariner theme in mind in the Cranberry and Candy Apple additions.
The Mariner King Inn is looking for reliable, hardworking, friendly and enthusiastic young professionals that want to learn, like to work with public, and are seeking to find a future placement in the tourism industry.
Apart of the regular reception duties, student will work closely with the general manager, learn and assist with marketing and management of the Inn.
The initial job duties the Employee will be expected to perform are following:
– Receive guests to the hotel by greeting them warmly, and attending to their inquiries and also answer inquiries over the phone and email.
– Inform guests of the services and accommodation rates of the hotel, make reservations for guests according to their needs
– Build good relationship and rapport with guests to make them feel comfortable and address any complaints they might have in a very courteous manner to protect the image of the hotel.
– Maintain orderliness at the front desk by arranging documents accordingly and keeping the front desk area clean at all times to avoid rowdiness.
– Attend to all routes of room bookings, such as online, phone, and in person, to ensure that reservations are not left hanging but attended to promptly to keep the hotel business running.
– Report issues of maintenance and malfunctioning appliances to the manager for quick repair in order to ensure guests comfort and satisfaction.
– Manage and oversee housekeepers, laundry and breakfast attendants
– Check the rooms before check-in to ensure nothing was overseen by housekeeping and request additional clean up in case things were overseen
– Make sure all the rooms are ready for check – in before 3 pm
– After checkouts assist housekeepers with light duties to ensure fast completion of room cleaning tasks.
– Perform reception opening and closing procedures and daily duties ( includes daily cash sheets and light accounting)
– Collect information from other hotel departments regarding inventory, maintenance, work concerns and questions of other employees and prepare lists and reports to the hotel manager.
– Ordering and maintaining level of some hotel supplies
– Ensure smooth day to day operation of the hotel.
Two positions available.
– 3 set days every week (12h shifts from 8am to 8pm starting in June), 1 x fill in half a day for breakfast attendant
– Opportunity for future management placement
Location: 15 King Street, Lunenburg, NS
Wages: 12 – 15 Cad per hour + possible tips depending on position.
– Accommodation for employees might be provided for free as a bonus or for a minimal fee depending on their contract.
– Available in a furnished hotel apartment. 1 bedroom apartment with queen bed and a pull out sofa, two twin beds can be arranged instead of queen bed. Suitable for 1 or 2 people.
– Shared accommodation available with 2 bedrooms and shared bathroom and kitchenette
– Airport pickup by employer
Supervisor: Monika Reibling, General Manager
Period of Employment: April/May – October/November
Hours: 35 – 40h/week
Applications can be sent to Monika Majcherova: email@example.com by March 15th, 2019 at 11:59pm.