Irving Oil is opening a café in our new home office and we’re searching for a Café Manager who is passionate about food, employee experience, and linking good nutrition with overall health and wellness strategies. If this sounds like the challenge you’ve been looking for, this might be your perfect opportunity! As the Café Manager, you will be responsible for every aspect of our new café including front and back end operations, leading the café team, and creating a dining experience for our employees.
- Able to develop strategies that will link experience with employee health and wellness plans.
- Knowledgeable about legislative requirements, e.g. proper food and beverage handling, Occupational Health and Safety, WHMIS.
- Commitment to excellence in food quality, dining experience, and customer service.
- Able to lift up to 40lbs.
- Able to stand and be on your feet for up to 6 hours per day.
- Committed to delivering excellence.
- Inclusive and hands-on leadership style.
- Excellent communicator with a friendly, welcoming demeanor.
- Good understanding of MS Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 8 years of experience in the food services industry.
- 5+ years of experience managing a restaurant / café.
- Post-secondary education in hospitality, food industry, or related field.
- Strong business sense; understands budgeting and operating costs.
- BASICS.fst an asset.
- Define strategies for the café that create an engaging employee experience and align with our overall health & wellness goals.
- Menu development for meals and snacks including catering service; creating themes and utilizing seasonal, local food sources.
- Continually evolve the menu to introduce new options and how food should be presented.
- Develop & execute plans to promote and market the café.
- Manage all front and back end operations of the café including catering services.
- Set, manage, and evaluate café goals; develop plans to enhance and grow the services offered.
- Responsible for daily operations of the café, ensuring safe food preparation and handling practices are followed at all times.
- Source vendors and products.
- Recruit, select, and train new café employees.
- Establish processes and procedures for effective café operation.
- Perform daily administrative tasks.
- Establish and adhere to financial and service standards. Manage and report on budget.
- Prepare and submit reports regarding the operations of the café.
If this job opportunity interests you, please apply online