We are looking for a very hands-on Guest Services agent for our 5 room four and a half star Inn, with Fine Dining, on the Cabot Trail, Nova Scotia. Reporting to the Owners this person is responsible for supporting the guest service team in providing the highest standards of service and delivering exceptional guest experiences. Own transport is essential.
Preferred Education & Qualifications
· Minimum of 1 year work experience in a Hotel Guest Services environment.
· Able to work well independently with little supervision
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Education in Hospitality and Tourism an asset, ,student or graduate preferred
· Flexible and energetic with the ability to work under pressure
· Excellent communication, writing and organizational skills
· Knowledge/experience in hotel operations required
· Excellent communication and organizational skills
· Service focused, understands the principles and processes required for providing exceptional, personalized service in a timely manner
· Excellent guest, customer and associate relations skills
· Ability to multi task and prioritize while providing excellent customer service
· Must be able to work a variety of shifts including weekends
· Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment with minimal direction
· Able to take initiative, follow timelines and meet deadlines
· Positive, professional demeanor
· Strong computer & telephone abilities
· Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service,
· Perform accurate check-in and check-out service to our guests as required
· Create reservations via telephone, reservation software, correspondence and in person
· Support and coordinate the daily activities of the guest service team to ensure guest satisfaction.
· Review daily schedule and adjust staffing as necessary for sudden changes.
· Actively participate in training and orientation of new associates, to ensure execution of hotel standards, key deliverables and service standards.
· Address and respond appropriately to guest questions and concerns relating to service, accommodations and rates.
· Review daily guest arrivals and departures, special requests, and related information.
· Coordinate group arrivals and departures.
· Monitor performance for guest service team according to hotel policies as required, including participation in performance reviews with the Guest Service Manager.
· Contributes to a healthy and safe work environment by reporting all safety hazards, following WHMIS and Fire safety training, and working in a safe manner.
· Maintains confidentiality of proprietary information
· Consistently practices guest and associate privacy and security
· At all times projects a favorable image of the Hotel to the public
· Other projects/duties as assigned and required and will also include food and beverage preparation and service, housekeeping and maintenance.
· 5 day 40 hour week
· Meal on duty if required by employee
· Employee/Immigration assistance program
· Opportunity to purchase the business from current owner
This is a seasonal full-time position. Job starts in May 2016, and finish in late October 2016, both negotiable. Preference will be given to applicants who have intention and ability to gain ownership of the business in the future. Please apply in confidence to: Ian A. Green, Co-owner, email@example.com