Welcome to the Atlantica Hotel Halifax, a landmark 4 star hotel located in downtown Halifax’s vibrant Robie & Quinpool neighborhood. We are looking for hospitality professionals who embody our Mission Statement. “We are committed to making a difference in the lives of our guests, colleagues and community through passion, integrity, innovation and service excellence.”
We are searching for dynamic and hard working individuals who are passionate about cleanliness and guest service to complete a four to six month co-op term. The successful applicant will have proven attention to detail, the ability to work well on their own and as part of a team. They will be a self-starter and physically able to clean 15 rooms per day in an 8 hour shift.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and well organized
- Able to work independently
- Must be able to bend, extend arm reach over head, kneel and stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs
- Must be able to push, pull and maneuver a fully stocked cart
- Available for work weekdays, weekends and holidays
- Previous cleaning or hotel-related experience an asset
Must be currently enrolled in a Tourism and Hospitality or equivalent program
· Clean all areas of guest rooms in a thorough, timely and efficient manner, as per hotel standards –
15 rooms per day
· Monitor and maintain daily stock levels of linens and supplies
· Report lost and found items as per policy
· Provide friendly, courteous and efficient guest service
· Maintain guest safety and security by following set procedures
· Record and report any repairs as per hotel procedure
· Dispose of waste according to hotel recycling procedures
· Any other work assigned by the Director of Housekeeping or Supervisory team.
|Please submit application to Julie Burnand at email@example.com|
The deadline to apply is March 1st, but in this case they will begin interviewing prior to March 1st so it is better to apply early.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal people, visible minority groups, persons with disabilities and women in occupations and positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self identify on either your cover letter or resume.
Atlantica Hotels, a division of IMP Group Ltd.