Please note: this is a summer 2017 co-op term opportunity for students currently attending a post-secondary institution specializing in a hospitality program.
About Us Founded in 1933, Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity is a learning organization built upon an extraordinary legacy of excellence in artistic and creative development. What started as a single course in drama has grown to become the global organization leading in arts, culture, and creativity across dozens of disciplines. From our home in the stunning Canadian Rocky Mountains, Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity aims to inspire everyone who attends our campus – artists, leaders, and thinkers – to unleash their creative potential.
The Opportunity Our Room Attendants are responsible for the efficient and effective cleaning of all rooms located in the guest and artist residences, comprised of 450 guest rooms, as well as general public areas.
Qualification and Educational Requirements
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three months experience in housekeeping or related field.
- A high standard of customer service with a friendly and courteous attitude to all guests, artists, and staff.
- Able to meet the physical requirements of this position.
Specific Accountabilities Room Attendants are responsible for the cleaning of the rooms, including making up the beds, dusting, vacuuming, washing the bathroom sink, tub, walls, windows, baseboards and floors, replenishing supplies, and any other cleaning tasks assigned by the supervisor on duty. The Room Attendant is also responsible for cleaning of public restrooms, hallways, elevators and lobbies, and other spaces as required, such as the Leighton studios and staff residences.
- Candidates offered a position with the Centre, in this capacity, will be required to obtain a criminal record check verifying a clear record before a final job offer can be finalized.
- Due to the nature of the job, this position requires the candidate to be available to work a flexible, irregular schedule and weekends.
- Physical stamina and the ability to move heavy equipment is required.
Employment Terms & Benefits
In accordance with CUPE 4318, this is a unionized, termed, hourly support staff position, subject to a 500 hour probationary period. This position pays $14.18 per hour increasing working up to 40 hours per week. The weekly hours will vary based on departmental workload.
The Centre offers on-the-job training, a supportive work environment, a staff cafeteria, subsidized fitness memberships, staff events, and free/reduced admission to many Banff Centre concerts, films, lectures and exhibitions. For more information please visit our benefits page.
We are currently accepting applications for the Food and Beverage Server position until February 5, 2017.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please submit your application online via Banff Centre Careers website at www.banffcentre.ca/careers