Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 1 year of previous experience as a server is preferred.
- Must have ability to lift up to 25 Kg.
- Familiarity with POS systems would be beneficial.
- Safe food handling and responsible beverage service certifications would be an asset.
- Must be willing to work a variety of hours, based on business needs.
- Ensure that pick-up and delivery of products to and from the kitchen is on time.
- Serve alcoholic beverages as required.
- Stay attentive to assigned tables.
- Must be highly knowledgeable about the current menus (food & beverage).
- Responsible for accurate order taking from our guests and entering into POS system.
- Responsible for setting up dinner tables and side stations.
- Must be able to follow instructions on a BEO (Banquet Event Order) and be knowledgeable of floor plans and various set up types.
- Responsible for moving and setting up tables, chairs and other furniture and equipment, as well as tear downs of these items, according to BEO’s and floor plans.
- Responsible for timely set up and teardown, and meeting required deadlines.
- Keep service areas clean and free of debris, particularly the floors and side stations.
- Must be friendly, courteous and professional toward guests and co-workers.
- Must be well groomed and appropriately dressed as per policy.
- Flexibility to work shifts for catered banquet events and/or restaurant dining room based on experience and work levels.
- All duties common to a server position and/or as requested by management.
Submit your cover letter and résumé to:
Membertou Human Resources Department
Attention: April Michael
111 Membertou Street
Membertou, NS B1S2M9
Or via E-mail to: email@example.com
We thank all those who apply but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The deadline to apply is September 29 but we recommend you apply early.