Becker’s Chalets is a family oriented seasonal resort just 5km south of the hustle and bustle of the Jasper town sight. Located along the Athabasca River, with mountainous views and lots of green space – it is a very quiet and relaxing location for both guests and employees. As a team, we all work together to ensure that our guests have a very clean and memorable stay.
We have achieved many awards over the years, some include the “Employers of Choice” award through the Hotel and Lodging Association since 2014. This shows that we value our employees and treat them as family. The hotel associate of Canada “Green Key eco-rating award” earning 4 out of 5 gold keys is another award we have achieved, ensuring to do our part in reducing, reusing and recycling. We have been a “housekeeping award” recipient since 1989, and we have been nominated twice for the “communities in bloom” award – to name a few awards that we have achieved.
Becker’s Chalets has many perks to offer its employees. Firstly, we do have staff shared staff accommodation on property. We offer a year-end bonus at the end of working contract, competitive wages, a free buffet breakfast on your day off, discounts for our gift shop, discounts for family to stay at our resort, discounts for our restaurant on property, monthly staff BBQ’s, free white water rafting, free WI-FI, and a few staff bicycles for use to name a few.
Throughout the season, many of our employees at Becker’s Chalets learn how to work under pressure at times, learn how to problem solve, learn some customer service and how to deal with customer complaints, suggestions, feedback and compliments. Also, you will become a more team oriented person – hopefully with a better team spirit while working towards a common goal – to name a few. Lastly and quite importantly, most of our employees leave here at the end of the season with lasting friendships and a very memorable experience.
- No experience required but it is an asset
- Physical stamina and mobility including the ability to reach, kneel and bend
- Ability to lift, push and pull required items (example a vacuum)
- A Drivers licence in order to drive our golf carts – otherwise you will be a passenger
- Achievement-motivated to work with Becker’s Chalets to meet and surpass realistic goals
- Must be pleasant, friendly and able to address problems or special requests
- Self-confidence to take the initiative do what needs to be done
- Strong communication skills
- Great team spirit
- Good attention to detail
- The ability to multi-task
- Customer focus
- Provide for the comfort of guests at our resort by ensuring that guest rooms and public areas are clean and properly presented.
- Organize, fill and restock golf cart and tray with supplies
- Vacuum, sweep, scrub, mop and polish floors, carpets, balconies/patios, steps
- Dust and polish/clean and shine furniture fittings, fixtures, surfaces and windows
- Empty and clean garbage and recycling containers
- Clean bathrooms (ex. clean sinks, mirrors, tubs and showers)
- Clean kitchens (ex. Clean sinks, dishes, oven/stove, fridge, microwave)
- Replace dirty linens with clean supplies
- Make up beds and organize and tidy up rooms
- Restock room amenities (ex. soaps, shampoos, stationary, tea, coffee, etc.)
- Ensure all appliances are present and in good working order)
- Report any maintenance issues, safety hazards, or damage to hotel property
- Respond quickly to requests and enquiries from guests and other departments
- Follow all company safety and security procedures
- Other housekeeping duties, as they arise
- On-site training provided
- Staff uniform provided free of charge
- Working teams of 2 or 3 employees
- Paid 30 minute lunch
Status/Dates: Seasonal: mid-April to October
Salary: Very competitive wages
- Up to 8 hours per day, depending on resort occupancy
- Work begins at 8:45 am
- One day off per week
- Minimal amount of being “on-call” ( once every 2 weeks)
If you are interested in joining our team, please forward your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: please ensure to mention where you heard about this job offer (ex. Co-op, ski resort, working holiday, etc.) (CBU students list through Student Placement Officer)
We hope to have the opportunity to work with you this coming season!