Becker’s Chalets is a family oriented seasonal resort just 5km south of the hustle and bustle of the Jasper town sight. Located along the Athabasca River, with mountainous views and lots of green space – it is a very quiet and relaxing location for both guests and employees. As a team, we all work together to ensure that our guests have a very clean and memorable stay.
We have achieved many awards over the years, some include the “Employers of Choice” award through the Hotel and Lodging Association since 2014. This shows that we value our employees and treat them as family. The hotel associate of Canada “Green Key eco-rating award” earning 4 out of 5 gold keys is another award we have achieved, ensuring to do our part in reducing, reusing and recycling. We have been a “housekeeping award” recipient since 1989l, and we have been nominated twice for the communities in bloom award – to name a few awards that we have achieved.
Becker’s Chalets has many perks to offer its employees. Firstly, we do have staff accommodation on property for all of our staff. We offer a year-end bonus at the end of working contract, competitive wages, a free buffet breakfast on your day off, discounts for our gift shop, discounts for family to stay at our resort, discounts for our restaurant on property, monthly staff BBQ’s, free white water rafting, free WI-FI, and a few staff bicycles for use to name a few.
Throughout the season, many of our employees at Becker’s Chalets learn how to work under pressure at time, learn how to problem solve, learn some customer service and how to deal with customer complaints, suggestions, feedback and compliments. Also, you will become a more team oriented person – hopefully with a better team spirit while working towards a common goal – to name a few. Lastly and quite importantly, most of our employees leave here at the end of the season with lasting friendships and a very memorable experience.
- No experience required but it is an asset
- The ability to learn quickly is important and retain lots of information
- Basic computer skills is a must
- Achievement-motivated to work with Becker’s Chalets to meet and surpass set realistic goals
- Must be pleasant, friendly and able to address problems or special requests
- Self-confidence to take the initiative do what needs to be done
- Strong communication and people skills
- Good attention to detail
- Good Organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Customer service orientation
- Polite and well mannered
- Honesty & Integrity
- Adaptability and Reliability
- Ensuring that our guests have a positive and memorable first and last impression (upon check in and check out)
- Greet and welcome guests
- Answer all phone calls and emails politely and efficiently
- Help guests efficiently, politely and effectively
- Clean, organize, tidy, and restock the front office area – including behind the desk, the bathrooms, lounge and gift shop area.
- Check in and check out guests
- Handle cash and payments
- Make reservations – for the chalets, restaurant and white water rafting
- Answer all guest enquiries – be helpful, efficient, content and friendly
- Assist guests with tourist attraction information
- Working under pressure at times
- Being able to handle both positive and negative feedback
- On-site training provided
- Staff uniform provided free of charge
- Paid break with free buffet breakfast (if working in the morning)
Status/Dates: Seasonal: mid-April to October
Salary: Very competitive wages
- 7-8 hours per day
- One day off per week
If you are interested in joining our team, please forward your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: please ensure to mention where you heard about this job offer (ex. Co-op, ski resort, working holiday, etc.) (CBU students would state they heard about it through their Student Placement Officer.)
We hope to have the opportunity to work with you this coming season!