Please note: this is a summer 2017 co-op term opportunity for students currently attending a post-secondary institution specializing in a hospitality program.
About Us Founded in 1933, Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity is a learning organization built upon an extraordinary legacy of excellence in artistic and creative development. What started as a single course in drama has grown to become the global organization leading in arts, culture, and creativity across dozens of disciplines. From our home in the stunning Canadian Rocky Mountains, Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity aims to inspire everyone who attends our campus – artists, leaders, and thinkers – to unleash their creative potential.
The Opportunity As part of our award-winning hospitality services, Banff Centre features a number of dining options for guests and participants — fine dining and beautifully appointed banquets; market-style choices for daily dining; casual options for a quick bite, take-away, or pub-style fare; room service delivered to either guest bedrooms or meeting spaces. The Food and Beverage department is looking for friendly, team-oriented Servers to assist in the smooth and efficient operation of food and beverage services for special functions (both on-site and remote), the staff dining room, and Vistas Marché Dining Room. Able to work under minimal supervision, while providing excellent customer-service, our Servers enjoy consistent hours-per-week and flexible scheduling.
Qualification and Educational Requirements
- Has previous hospitality experience as a food-service attendant or in a related customer-service focused area
- Enjoys interacting with a diverse group of people (artists, leadership participants, conference delegates, etc.)
- Budgets and organizes their time proactively to provide consistent and enjoyable service
- Positively engaging our guests
- Serving beverages
- Setting tables, stocking bussing stations and any pre-banquet set-up required
- Clearing tables, tearing down banquet stations, tidying up spaces
- Taking payment where applicable
- Candidates offered a position with the Centre, in this capacity, will be required to obtain a criminal record check verifying a clear record before a final job offer can be finalized.
- Due to the nature of the job, this position requires the candidate to be available to work a flexible, irregular schedule and weekends.
- Physical stamina and the ability to move heavy equipment is required.
Employment Terms & Benefits
In accordance with CUPE 4318, this is a unionized, termed, hourly support staff position, subject to a 500 hour probationary period. This position pays $13.25 per hour increasing to $14.25 per hour after probation, working up to 37.5 hours per week. The weekly hours will vary based on departmental workload.
The Centre offers on-the-job training, a supportive work environment, a staff cafeteria, subsidized fitness memberships, staff events, and free/reduced admission to many Banff Centre concerts, films, lectures and exhibitions.
For more information please visit our benefits page.
We are currently accepting applications for the Food and Beverage Server position until February 5, 2017.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please submit your application online via Banff Centre Careers website at www.banffcentre.ca/careers