POSITION: Concierge / Guest Service Agent (FT)
REPORTING TO: Guest Service Manager
Welcome to the Atlantica Hotel Halifax, a landmark 4 star hotel located in downtown Halifax’s vibrant Robie & Quinpool neighborhood.
We are searching for a dynamic individual who is passionate about exceptional Guest Service delivery. The successful applicant will provide excellence in guest service and act as a liaison between the hotel and our guests, always responding to guest requests and concerns in a personal, prompt and courteous manner with the ability to think “outside the box”.
“We are committed to making a difference in the lives of our guests, colleagues and community through passion, integrity, innovation and service excellence.”
- Provide excellent guest service, meeting and exceeding external & internal guests’ needs and requests
- Offer assistance to all guests (eg. Luggage, reservations, theatre, etc)
- Establish network of contacts with local businesses and keep current with local attractions, special events, etc.
- Ensure baggage for tours is handled in a fast, accurate and efficient manner
- Accurate and timely check-in and check-out of hotel guests
- Perform Reservations and Switchboard duties, as required
- Up-sell the property and describe services available
- Follow and maintain all corporate practices as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) manual
- Daily balancing of individual work, as well as maintaining a cash float
- Will be required on occasion to provide guest service during an overnight shift
- Any other duties assigned by Guest Service Manager and Guest Service Supervisors
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 2 years in a front line customer service role, handling currency and processing payment transactions
- Previous Guest Service/Front Desk experience a definite asset
- Post secondary education in Tourism and Hospitality or equivalent hotel experience is a definite asset
- Knowledge or HRM and Nova Scotia, or willingness to learn
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Proficiency in computers (familiarity with Opera is a definite asset)
- Ability to show initiative and effectively work independently
- Strong organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Able to lift over 50 lbs, sometimes over shoulder height, and pull or push car of over 200 lbs.
- Must be flexible in availability. Shifts include mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays